LCD screen cleaning product?

Jackie.Cane

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Canada
My iBook screen is pretty filthy but haven't attempted to clean it out of fear that I will leave marks or damage of some kind. Can someone recommend a good LCD cleaning product? Thanks loads. :)

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
Jackie.Cane said:
My iBook screen is pretty filthy but haven't attempted to clean it out of fear that I will leave marks or damage of some kind. Can someone recommend a good LCD cleaning product? Thanks loads. :)
use a microfiber cloth such as the one that one uses for eyeglasses.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Actually, depending on where the OP lives, the tap water may contain minerals that could--over time--scratch the screen.

I've used iKlear for over a year, with great success. One kit has lasted a year, with probably about a 6-8 months left.

http://www.iklear.com/

They sell them at Apple Stores in a nice kit with a spray bottle, the portable Wipes, a small Microfiber cloth, a large Microfiber cloth, and a free keyboard protector. Great value.

Mac'Mo said:

F

freakonguitar

ok, i know this sounds harsh, but if you don't wanna spend the money just use windex and a tissue. I have an ibook and have used windex or simular with a normal tissue many many times and have had NO issues what so ever. Just spritz on the tissue and wipe and maybe a separate tissue for drying. If you are really concerned just get eyeglass or lense cleaner kit for a camera and use that. :D

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
freakonguitar said:
ok, i know this sounds harsh, but if you don't wanna spend the money just use windex and a tissue. I have an ibook and have used windex or simular with a normal tissue many many times and have had NO issues what so ever. Just spritz on the tissue and wipe and maybe a separate tissue for drying. If you are really concerned just get eyeglass or lense cleaner kit for a camera and use that. :D
This is a bad solution, for two reasons. The Windex will slowly damage the screen, and the tissues will leave microscopic scratches because they're paper-based.

Use tap water and a microfiber cloth, like Apple recommends.