LCD Screen Color Calibration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cubbie5150, May 10, 2007.

1. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

cubbie5150

Can anyone suggest a good consumer-level color calibrator I can get for my MBP & external LCD screens? I've tried manually adjusting my external LCD color settings (Dell 2407WFP), and I've tried the manual calibration through SysPrefs>Displays, but the results aren't quite satisfactory..... I'd prefer to spend less than $200USD...

2. piwi macrumors regular

Doesn't Adobe's softwares include a free calibrator?

3. 2ndPath macrumors 6502

I used the "Colorvision Spyder". There is a range of these Spyder products and some of them are well below $200. I don't know how they are rated by the professionals, but it helped me at least to make a bad display a little bit better. In general I guess it should be more reliable than the calibration via your eye using Apple's display calibration utility.

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Get the Eye One Display 2 one of the best calibrators on the market. At the moment it is $250, but it also comes with a $50 rebate until June. Take a look at it you will not be disappointed.

5. dcains macrumors regular

I've been very happy with the Pantone Huey. I've used it on several systems, and the results are both accurate and consistent.