LCD Screen on Laptop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ftbps, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ftbps macrumors member

Hello All, I own a 2.53 Unibody with LG screen. I know that this is a mac forum, but I have a question on a regular PC.

i own a Mac and I have used these forums exclusively for Mac. But my wife wants to buy a cheap windows laptop. None of the laptops i see at best buy have good lcd screen as my MBP.

Can you recommend me a good PC laptop that has:
    1. price betwen 499 to 899
    2. Good LCD quality close to MBP. Most of what i have seen are extra light, which is annoying and the viewing angle is extremely poor.

Thanks,
    Bipin

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

Try Dell, Lenovo, or HP. They all make great laptops.

If you're looking for a big screen, go with a 15" or higher. If you want high resolution, just option up the laptop. Hope this helps.

3. ftbps thread starter macrumors member

All the HP, Dell, Toshiba laptops I have seen at all stores have very bad LCd screens. Some people just do ot seem to notice, but some people will know exactly what I am talking about. Please someone help.

4. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

If the ones at the stores have bad screens, buy another one; maybe online? Keep in mind, Apple does strive to make top quality products that perform well and look great.

Try the Dell Studio 17 laptop. It will cost you a bit to upgrade the screen resolution, but you'll get a 17" laptop with a resolution of up to 1920 x 1200. That's not bad.