LCD screen smears when I touch it...?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bowzer, Sep 26, 2008.

1. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

Well this is super annoying... after sending back my first iPhone because of scratches under the glass in the black area, I now have a new phone thats developed a new problem.

When I touch the screen, pretty much anywhere, there appears to be a smear like the kind you get when you press too hard on an LCD screen in the lower left/middle area.

Here's a short movie clip to see what I mean...
    http://bowzer.net/temp/iphone_problem.mpg

Anyone know what to call this problem? I guess Im gonna have to send it back in to Apple again :/

Haven't dropped or damaged the phone at all... this problem just started happening about 30mins ago.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Sorry to see/hear that.

When you said "a smear like the kind you get when you press too hard on an LCD screen", I knew what you meant. I think that would be an appropriate description.

You can try restart, reset, restore, but it looks more like a hardware problem.

3. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

that sucks, its seems you will have to send it back to apple

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

i would send it back

unless you are pressing hard, you should not see an LCD ripple ( caused by the nature of the liquid crystal display)

5. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0