LCD screws.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MikeSantor, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MikeSantor macrumors regular

So I bought a macbook with a busted screen. Like a dumbass I took it apart a week before I got the screen. I was very careful not to lose any of the screws but i managed to someone loose like 8 of them. I really have no idea how because i was REALLY careful. I need the ones that screw the LCD bracket to the top plastic lid of the macbook. does anyone know the actual size of these or where to get them? on ifixit all they have is complete screw kits and its 60 bucks.

2. dbowlin17 macrumors member

go to ebay. look for anything mac notebook part related. i know this guy whose user name is ut-mac. he has nice deals, like screw sets for under 20 bucks. and anything else you might need. but his stuff moves pretty fast though.

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

For anyone who may come upon this thread in the future, who is opening ANY piece of gear they are not intimately familiar with:

use an icetray for the screws. This serves several purposes.

a) You can put them in chronological order. With gear that has many different kinds of screws, this is invaluable.

b) They will not drop on the floor just because your hand or elbow brushes someplace on your desk, or because a draft comes by.