Le Sigh, Which iPod for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bobber205, Jan 29, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

IT looks like my good ipod video buddy of 1.5 years is approaching death sometime in the next couple months. It can only do maybe 45 minutes of video before the battery is dead. It still can do music long enough for what I listen to in one day, but I fear it's dying.

Here's the problem.

1) Shuffle = out of the question, I need playlists
    2) ipod nano, only 8 gigs of space, still costs 200 dolalrs for only8 gigs..
    3)At the moment I still have about 12 gigs left of my 30 on my video ipod. It's been 12 for months and months. I delete and download more video podcasts etc. So a 80 gig or gasp! 160 gig would be WAY too much. Hell, I couldn't fit that much of my OS X partition!

4) The ipod touch is only 8 gigs for my budget. I love all the features but I'm concerned about space again.

So what should I get? Nothing is quite perfect.... ;)

2. El Phantasmo macrumors member

get the 80... there is no such thing as "too much space" in computer-land...

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I used to have a 5, 10, 15, & 40 GB iPod. I still have the 40 actually. Having "everything" and being able to listen to whatever is nice. My library is 36GB of just music. But I bought a 8GB Nano last year and it is all I need. I also have a 8GB iPhone which I listen to more than I thought b/c it is convenient. I always have my phone. But I never need all my music. If you want video on a better screen than a Nano get the Touch. I would stay away from the classic though. Either size or screen size you determine your choice.