Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Marketing creative Arnau Bosch Vergés, best known for the Spike Jonze-directed HomePod commercial "Welcome Home," is leaving Apple's ad agency TBWA\Media Arts Lab.

homepodadspikejonze.jpg

According to the The Drum, which broke the news, Vergés is departing to focus on SoundStorming, a social media platform he founded for musicians.
"After working for such a huge brand that means so much to culture with amazing talented people like Spike Jonze, you're spoiled," Bosch told The Drum. "You ask yourself, where am I going after this?

"I think if I really want to push for something different and try to discover what's going to be next, now is the best time ever, now Apple is at its peak."
Vergés HomePod ad, which used real-world effects where CGI would usually figure, won several industry awards last year, including one at Cannes Film Festival.

The lead creative's exit follows Apple's recent hire of Nick Law, a marketing executive who previously served as chief creative officer at Publicis Groupe.

Article Link: Lead Creative Best Known for Spike Jonze HomePod Video Leaves Apple's Ad Agency

sydneysider88

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2019
Sydney, NSW
This (along with iPhone X) are the best ads Apple has made since the Jobs/in-house era.
[doublepost=1562067214][/doublepost]
Three people amongst thousands upon thousands. I'm still not seeing the mass part of the exodus
Don’t forget the 4 key industrial designers, and the 200 engineers on the car project.

Last edited:
Reactions: decypher44

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
and the 200 engineers on the car project.
Apple laid those poor folks off. Maybe its my understanding but a mass exodus is when people leave a company, not laid off. I'm not trying to split hairs but merely state that one person who works for an ad agency and not apple (AFAIK) does not constitute a mass exodus, even when you consider Ive, Arhendts and Arnau.

bigboyz12000

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
USA

Marketing creative Arnau Bosch Vergés, best known for the Spike Jonze-directed HomePod commercial "Welcome Home," is leaving Apple's ad agency TBWA\Media Arts Lab.

homepodadspikejonze.jpg

According to the The Drum, which broke the news, Vergés is departing to focus on SoundStorming, a social media platform he founded for musicians.
Vergés HomePod ad, which used real-world effects where CGI would usually figure, won several industry awards last year, including one at Cannes Film Festival.

The lead creative's exit follows Apple's recent hire of Nick Law, a marketing executive who previously served as chief creative officer at Publicis Groupe.

Article Link: Lead Creative Best Known for Spike Jonze HomePod Video Leaves Apple's Ad Agency

I like that this person is not comfortable and is always seeking a challenge. Great creativity. Apple will be fine as there are many under its spell including me :]

Reactions: FightTheFuture

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Natural attrition. If it was related to another huge company, like Exxon for example, that wasn’t scrutinized down to the last micron, nobody would notice.

Ugh thank you. Reading this comments is exhausting haha. People really think Apple is doomed.

Last time I checked they still have thousands upon thousands of employees and are still making billions in profit every quarter.

Apple Stores still busy....

Reactions: orbital~debris

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
What’s with Apple and mass employee exodus?

Jon Ive, Angela Arhendts and Arnau. Some leading positions vacated in past few months.

There are ongoing budget cuts and layoffs. The company is in a complete panic after the iPhone and Mac sales started declining.

Three people amongst thousands upon thousands. I'm still not seeing the mass part of the exodus

Natural attrition. If it was related to another huge company, like Exxon for example, that wasn’t scrutinized down to the last micron, nobody would notice.

Posts on the first page that don’t appear to grasp that this isn’t an Apple employee.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I remember the HomePod launch video with this advertisement, it was pretty clever and intricate how it was executed. But someone leaving, really isn’t that uncommon, Apples marketing is fairly diverse and they'll recruit someone else in the future for other projects.

Reactions: orbital~debris

applesed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
I’m growing more confident that there will be an updated non touchbar option to the MacBook Pro, since this time last week.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
This ranks at the top of my favourite Apple ads of all time. Seriously well done, conveyed the mood of owning a fantastic sounding speaker that works with Siri and ultimately, led me to giving HomePod a try even though originally I wasn't that interested.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
WTH is SoundStorming? Not available outside the US, the screen shots look like hot garbage and the concept seems to be what if voice memos had sharing? Also everyone listed as part of the company is only an "advisor"?

Good luck I guess?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.