League of Legends on HD 5000?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iLive, Jun 12, 2013.

1. iLive macrumors regular

I am wanting the new 13-inch MacBook Air with the Haswell chips. I do know that it will be able to fulfill my requirement as my primary machine for university (browsing, taking notes, answering emails) and for spare time use when lïstening to music. However, before I buy the machine, I would like to know how well it performs with the games I am playing: League of Legends. I would be very interested in knowing this if you also are playing the game. I do know it's not a gaming computer, but I still want a MacBook Air for uni but knowing how well it performs in LoL would be very beneficial.

So, how well does League of Legends work on the new 13-inch MacBook Air compared to the previous model in OS X (not Windows)?

2. Warhawk15 macrumors regular

Warhawk15

I don't have the new hd 5000, but I do use the 4000 on a base 13" macbook pro. I also have it connected to a 1080p screen, so that takes more power than the screen of the mbp or the mba.
    With this setup I can have 1080p, high settings(not highest) and no shadows and its a good 50-60fps.
    With a lower resolution and - I think its up to 40% better graphics than mine - you should be fine on the highest settings.

3. iLive thread starter macrumors regular

That sounds awesome! I appreciate the reply. :)

4. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

Anyone have any DOTA2 results on the HD5000? I don't plan to buy the MBA for gaming really but it's cool nonetheless. I have a 27" iMac which I game on but it seems like selling it and using the MBA for everything productivity wise would be a better idea and then build a gaming desktop for much cheaper than a maxed out iMac.