Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A series of images posted on the Chinese social networking platform Weibo, shared by leaker DuanRui on Twitter, claims to showcase the new colors for Apple's 2021 Spring collection for the iPhone 12 MagSafe case.

Ex-AMfnVoAQ-qEl.jpeg
Image from @xyfool

According to the images, Apple plans to release four new color options for its MagSafe iPhone 12 cases. The colors resemble light blue, dark purple, light green, and orange. As part of its 2020 Spring collection, Apple released iPhone 11 cases with very similar colors; however, if the leak is accurate, Apple's adding a dark purple.

The images were shared by the Weibo account "Uncle Pan Pan," which currently has no track record for sharing accurate Apple information, however, the account was first brought to light by DuanRui, which has shared accurate information in the past.

In 2020, Apple released matching iPhone 11 and Apple Watch bands for its Spring collection. Apple could decide to do the same thing this year, and if so, the colors shared by "Uncle Pan Pan" also showcase new Apple Watch band colors.

Apple typically releases new Spring accessories around the end of March or early April. Apple was falsely expected to hold an event towards the end of March, and now hopes are on a press release in the coming weeks for possible new iPad Pros, AirTags, and presumably, new Spring cases and Apple Watch bands.

Article Link: Leak Allegedly Shows New Spring Color Options for iPhone 12 MagSafe Cases

Last edited:

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Finally a bright blue and green! The current navy color is too dark, it's almost black. Out of all of the current silicone cases it shows smudges, scratches, and dirt the most. Cyprus green is a close second for the worst in durability. Even the black silicone case has fared better than those two.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I’m good with my Pacific Blue leather / silicone cases, but this pallet looks nice.

Alright sooo I’m assuming these new accessories will release on the same day as the event / press release and when 14.5 goes live.

Neodym

macrumors 68020
Jul 5, 2002
I wouldn’t exactly call the rightmost color „orange“. It’s a typical pastel color that feels like it’s neither fish nor flesh. But it ain’t orange for sure!

Reactions: BulkSlash

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Perhaps I’m in the minority, but I always buy one case for my phone when it first comes out (usually the Apple leather version) and I keep it until a new redesign forces me to buy a new case. These cases are getting too expensive these days so I just milk my leather one until the very end.

Also, this color palette reminds me of the new colors that are rumored to come to the new iMac.

1616293591_Apple-iMac-2021-with-a-new-design-and-M1X-processor.jpg

Soy Cap

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2020
Finally a bright blue and green! The current navy color is too dark, it's almost black. Out of all of the current silicone cases it shows smudges, scratches, and dirt the most. Cyprus green is a close second for the worst in durability. Even the black silicone case has fared better than those two.
I’ve been using Cyprus Green since launch day with no issues. Not sure why you’re having issues with your silicone cases.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
The blue does not look much different then Surf Blue released last year.

really enjoy the purple.

obargy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
Can we have brighter colours of Smart Folio and Magic Keyboard for iPad too Apple? The silicon material looks very dull in black.

• Haha
Reactions: David1964

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Dangg.. Apple starts monetize the MagSafe accessories like the Apple Watch straps. I hope this means MagSafe support will be consistent for foreseeable future?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.