[Leak photo] Assembled iPhone 6 in retail box

yusiye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011

I found on a chinese forum. The photo matches the latest parts image, the logo and camera ring. Seems genuine.

fsfty

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
I hope that's not real. The bezels are ridiculous and would be a deal breaker for me. I could get a much larger screen with a smaller overall phone size from a number of other devices.

mjschabow

macrumors 68030
Dec 25, 2013
I hope that's not real. The bezels are ridiculous and would be a deal breaker for me. I could get a much larger screen with a smaller overall phone size from a number of other devices.

Looks just like the 5s to me.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
At least on this one they have the background right!

I would like to see the back of the device, to see how the 'antenna breaks' look, but looks quite nice on the front.

mrcowdude20

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
TLD posted a video of a clone on the market. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZDGoQPNJM

It is simply a Android device with a skin to look like iOS.

Here is the specs:

Goophone I6 MTK6572
Dual Core 1.2ghz
Android 4.2
1GB RAM
32GB ROM
4.7inch 854 x 480 pixels HD screen
3G Service Capable
GSM Unlocked

Could not be though, I just hope it doesn't really look like that.

Link of store: http://www.dhgate.com/product/goophone-6i-mtk6572-dual-core-1-2ghz-android/199977644.html

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Yeah, but at the same time, it's that same boring design every year. Apple should consider changing things up. Some concepts are so worthy instead of this old archaic design.
Good design isn't about arbitrarily 'changing things' for the sake of change.

Good design is long lasting, unobtrusive, and informs the user of it's functionality.

Good design can be iterative, and Apple has been a proponent of iteration for a long time. Look at the Apple keyboard for example, it hasn't changed in over 5 years. The iMac itself was made thinner, but it's design philosiphies haven't changed since in a long time.

Design things right first time, and you don't need to reinvent the wheel every year or two.

The iPhone will see a redesign only when Apple can make a better design, not just a different design, a better design.

Last edited:

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009

Good design is long lasting, unobtrusive, and informs the user of it's functionality.

Good design can be iterative, and Apple has been a proponent of iteration for a long time. Look at the Apple keyboard for example, it hasn't changed in over 5 years. The iMac itself was made thinner, but it's design philosiphies haven't changed since in a long time.

Design things right first time, and you don't need to reinvent the wheel every year or two.

The iPhone will see a redesign only when Apple can make a better design, not just a different design, a better design.
But...but how would my friends know I have the new iPhone?! /s

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California

Thank you and very well said. Why do people want change for the sake of change? The current iPhone and past iPhones are among the best looking devices on the market.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you and very well said. Why do people want change for the sake of change? The current iPhone and past iPhones are among the best looking devices on the market.
But maybe the phone can have wings and fly or something? That would be innovation!

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
But maybe the phone can have wings and fly or something? That would be innovation!
My dream is of an integrated toothpaste dispenser. I don't ask for much, but the damned phone's been out since 2007; where's the innovation?

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Fake clones.

Nothing to see here, September is right around the corner and to the left.

It's coming, be patient.