Leak

iPod5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
2
0
Hey. First of all. This info is NOT MINE. I got it from someone, that someone let me post it here. No names of course.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Tourian/ipod5leak.jpg
That pic is going to be erased from my account in TWO DAYS, if you want to keep it, you can save it to your computers.

So, that's the 5th generation of iPod mini.
I don't know the full specs, but I do know this:
It's the size of the iPod mini
It will have as much as 60GBs
The included camera is 4 Megapixels
It will be both mac and pc compatible, but PC users will have to manage photos by dragging them into folders (or later 3rd party plugins), while Mac users will be able to use iPhoto.
The music and movies will be handled by iTunes, starting with version 8 and a much improved video managing (stop wondering why they introduced video support:p)
The scroll wheel was replaced by a touch strip similar to the one of the Zen Touch's. Tapping is possible for more precise movements
The interface has been overhauled to be more intuitive and take full advantage of the bigger color screen
The interface colors come preset in each iPod color, but you can change it to one of various configurations
It will NOT have an internal speaker, instead, an external speaker will be sold separatedly (think of the iTrip mini shape, but a speaker instead).
The battery will be considerably more lasting
A new color will be introduced (duh)
A new Browsing feature was added to, well... browse. This expands as much as calendar events, notes, videos, images, songs, lyrics (a variation of the notes wich can be accesed directly from the song, handled in iTunes) etc.
iCal will be automatically updated on the iPod via iSync (PC users won't be able to exploit this feature)
The port for the computer-to-iPod cable has been reduced in size and moved away from the center of the base.
The video formats supported will be (of course) all the files quicktime can play, including the new H.264 codec. iTunes will be able to convert WMV.
While the size of the videos will be restricted, it won't be as rigid as one could imagine. When a video is downloaded to the iPod it's reduced to a size the iPod's screen and processor can handle. However, the original video's size stays the same.
The cost is meant to be kept low, at around the price of the iPod Photo.
Discontinuation of older models of the iPod is unknown to my source, who doesn't deal with marketing.
It's expected that the device will be announced by the end of August and ready for the Christmas season.

Remember, the image goes off my photobucket in TWO DAYS.
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,194
6
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, wouldn't they release an iPod mini 3G first, or have I missed something.

For the record, I don't believe a single thing you've posted. Sorry. :(
 

iPod5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
2
0
1.- Current iPod minis are 4th generation. Not that there have been 4 generation of iPod minis, they are just the 4th step in iPod evolution

2.- I guess you don't have to belive me, we'll see in august. The weird thing to me is that amidst so much media noise about Mac+Intel, something "leaks" wich shouldn't really happen.

Ok, I'm going to sleep now, byez.
 

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
306
0
Ann Arbor, MI
I don't believe it for a second. And, after seeing the username you chose, and the fact that these are your first posts, I believe it even less.
 

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
4,265
76
I could list a dozen reasons why it is fake (other than the fact that it just looks fake).

I'll just name one though: There is no 60gb hard drive in existence that would fit in an ipod mini.
 

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
726
0
Chaszmyr said:
I could list a dozen reasons why it is fake (other than the fact that it just looks fake).

I'll just name one though: There is no 60gb hard drive in existence that would fit in an ipod mini.
itunes version 8, so we are skipping 5, 6 and 7 as well as all the incremental changes involved as well :rolleyes:
 

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
2,064
0
l'Allemagne
I didn't read the post, just saw the pictures and closed them, fake! ... you forgot the Intel inside logo :p (had to say it!)
 

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
1,799
92
I just don't see Apple getting rid of the click wheel, and why would they update the mini before the full size iPods????
 

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
1,740
0
Cardiff, Wales
HAHA.. 4megapixel camera yet the photoshop work in the picture says VGA 4X.. = 0.3 megapixel with a 4x digital zoom. what bull sheisse in your own work!
 

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
1,212
0
Chicago
i dont know why anyone would create an account, and post their first posts as a BS thread about a fake pod

and yea way to make your name ipod 5 or whatever hahahaha

:p
 

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
2,437
0
Pittsburgh, PA
iPod5 said:
Hey. First of all. This info is NOT MINE. I got it from someone, that someone let me post it here. No names of course.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Tourian/ipod5leak.jpg
That pic is going to be erased from my account in TWO DAYS, if you want to keep it, you can save it to your computers.

So, that's the 5th generation of iPod mini.
I don't know the full specs, but I do know this:
It's the size of the iPod mini
It will have as much as 60GBs
The included camera is 4 Megapixels
It will be both mac and pc compatible, but PC users will have to manage photos by dragging them into folders (or later 3rd party plugins), while Mac users will be able to use iPhoto.
The music and movies will be handled by iTunes, starting with version 8 and a much improved video managing (stop wondering why they introduced video support:p)
The scroll wheel was replaced by a touch strip similar to the one of the Zen Touch's. Tapping is possible for more precise movements
The interface has been overhauled to be more intuitive and take full advantage of the bigger color screen
The interface colors come preset in each iPod color, but you can change it to one of various configurations
It will NOT have an internal speaker, instead, an external speaker will be sold separatedly (think of the iTrip mini shape, but a speaker instead).
The battery will be considerably more lasting
A new color will be introduced (duh)
A new Browsing feature was added to, well... browse. This expands as much as calendar events, notes, videos, images, songs, lyrics (a variation of the notes wich can be accesed directly from the song, handled in iTunes) etc.
iCal will be automatically updated on the iPod via iSync (PC users won't be able to exploit this feature)
The port for the computer-to-iPod cable has been reduced in size and moved away from the center of the base.
The video formats supported will be (of course) all the files quicktime can play, including the new H.264 codec. iTunes will be able to convert WMV.
While the size of the videos will be restricted, it won't be as rigid as one could imagine. When a video is downloaded to the iPod it's reduced to a size the iPod's screen and processor can handle. However, the original video's size stays the same.
The cost is meant to be kept low, at around the price of the iPod Photo.
Discontinuation of older models of the iPod is unknown to my source, who doesn't deal with marketing.
It's expected that the device will be announced by the end of August and ready for the Christmas season.

Remember, the image goes off my photobucket in TWO DAYS.
Wow. That's SOOOOOO frickin' exciting! I'll definitely buy an ipod mini that doesn't have a "stop" button!

Yea. Tha's a definite fake. 100% certain. And the reall give away is the "green" "mini" on the bottom right. No way would apple make a window with info that crappy and cluttered. Especially on it's darling iPod.

m
 

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
826
1
Home
brap said:
I hope you didn't waste very long making it...
It's quite clear that he didn't, :D
Fine that is what i would like a video iPod to look like(apart from the wannabe scroll thing) but theses are the biggest load of BS i have ever seen..... sorry man,
 

dejo

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
15,725
447
The Centennial State
iPod5 said:
1.- Current iPod minis are 4th generation. Not that there have been 4 generation of iPod minis, they are just the 4th step in iPod evolution
Oh, really? And what were the first three steps in iPod evolution again? And how would the iPod photo and iPod shuffle fit into this scheme of things since they came out after the iPod mini?
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It's been a good long time since we've had a really fun "I know a guy" post.... :rolleyes:

Actually, that's not entirely true...this is only slightly more salacious than the thread about supposed design of the keynote and developer PM/P4's. But we'll find out the truth on that one a lot sooner! :D
 

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
1,494
0
Oxford/London
What a piss-poor effort. Sorry I ain't buying for a second either!

As for the shots; they are blatant mock-ups, not photos. The UI is very badly done - like a extension os a iPod Photo and made worse. Looks like someone took this:

and BADLY photoshopped it.
  • Where's the capture button for the camera model? - It isn't there because the person who made this didn't give ANY thought to it.
  • The photo is in something like 2:1 aspect, which NO CURRENT (digital)CAMERA takes in - so how would that be good for photos?
  • The camera lens looks about as realistic as a PowerBook G5
  • No-one has even announced a mini-sized HD with anywhere NEAR a 60GB capacity.
  • I was going to post replies to specific quotes in the OP and reply to them, but reading over it, it's all absolute bulls***.

Sorry iPod5 there's no way anyone will fall for it.
I have saved it cos I laughed my ass off so hard when I saw it along with your specs! :D

Hint: In the future you may want to be a little more realistic when trying to start a rumor. For example look at this to see what a product like the one you posted might be like!

Better luck next time!
 

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
1,494
0
Oxford/London
mkrishnan said:
It's been a good long time since we've had a really fun "I know a guy" post.... :rolleyes:

Actually, that's not entirely true...this is only slightly more salacious than the thread about supposed design of the keynote and developer PM/P4's. But we'll find out the truth on that one a lot sooner! :D
I got one! See attached!
:D :D :D
 

Attachments