Leaked Forza Motorsport 4 Video (With Kinect Features)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dr McKay, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Dr McKay, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Source: http://www.winrumors.com/leaked-forza-4-video-unveils-kinect-features/

A promotional video for Microsoft’s Forza 4 game leaked to the Internet on Friday.

WinRumors held back from posting the video until Microsoft representatives were able to confirm the video was genuine and not an elaborate April Fools. Microsoft has confirmed the authenticity of the video and has claimed it was never meant for public distribution.

[​IMG]

The video shows off some of the promised Kinect features for Forza 4. “Stand up and use your hands to open the doors, retract the roof, fire up the engine,” says the narrator of the video. The game will feature 80 car manufacturers, a figure that has never been seen before in a racing game. “Kinect powered head tracking allows you to look into the corners while you race,” says the narrator. IGN also notes that Top Gear’s own test track might make its way to Forza 4.

The video shows that the Kinect integration will mainly be for the less hardcore gamers. Microsoft’s promise to share more information on Forza 4 “in the near future” will keep the masses hoping for further Kinect integration.

Forza Motorsport 4 Developer Video

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

3. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

I'm pretty excited for this game. Forza 3 did a lot right in my book, and was very fun. With a few tweaks and improvements, this game could be really amazing. I can't wait for E3 to see more of this.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Leaked... With intro and everything! Pretty amazing how leaked videos are so polished. ;)

Anyways, good to see consoles finally getting head tracking, but I'm curious about how far they've gone, if it actually supports 6 DOF, or if it's just x and y, which given the console's hardware might be the case.

And that part showing the father and son air-wheeling it on the couch was lame.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

GT5 has always had head tracking, and it will always be a better simulator than Forza will ever hope to be. Will GT compare to PC sims, probably not, but Forza is far more concerned with "pimp my ride" than it is with being a simulator (has to appeal to the teenage male audience xbox attracts). I'll stick with GT, its the most realistic driving sim on any console, and always will be.

6. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Realistic simulator or not, to me Forza 3 is a MUCH more fun game. GT5 is very pretty, but when it comes to the actual GAME part, it really falls apart. All these, alleged, improvements to Forza 4 looks to be adding even more to what was already a great game. More cars, more tracks, more players, improved game engine, etc. Forza 4 is looks to be a nice addition to the series. Plus, Turn 10 isn't making people wait 6 years for another game, unlike Polyphony.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Just because it was intended for in-house or business-to-business use doesn't mean it has to look like crap. We produce a fair amount of in-house promos that either go to the marketing/sales reps or get shown off to the suits up stairs and the videos look as slick as anything you'd see on TV.

Lethal