iPad mini Leaked iPad Mini 2 Rear Panel?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sonicrobby, Aug 2, 2013.

1. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I would just like to beat the MacRumors front page to the story =P

Does the mini 2 actually look like is has a smaller width than the first generation model? It might just be angled in that second image, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source

2. iSimpsons macrumors regular

Is it just me or does that look nothing like the regular white iPad Mini? But however like the same aluminium from the iPads?! It doesn't look like a white version to me.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It does look either slightly longer or slightly thinner (so it looks longer). It looks like a change in aspect ratio.

4. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I kind of see what youre saying, but doesnt the white mini now use the same aluminum back as the other iPads? Maybe its the Apple logo reflecting a dark surface that makes it look like not the mini.

----------

Thats what I though too, I think they are making the bezel sides even thinner than the last model, but the ratio doesnt seem to "fit" for me unless they were also to reduce the top and/or bottom. Ive never liked those long thin 16:9 tablets (not saying the new mini is one, just stating I dont like the look of those types of tablets =P)

5. virginblue4, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013

virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

It looks identical to the current white iPad mini apart from the Apple logo which is probably due to the angle it is being held at.

6. iSimpsons macrumors regular

On second thoughts, I think it only looks black due to the angle that it is being held at.