Leaked iPhone Images Are All Fake!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corrado7, May 28, 2008.

1. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

http://ageekspot.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/leaked-iphone-images-are-all-fake/

"Yesterday I was talking with a contact in one of the European carriers that will be selling the iPhone 3G in June. I’m really getting sick of people claiming that they got leaked images while it is painfully obvious that they are fake. Yesterday, a white version appeared and gullible people still believed it may be true, even while it is obvious that it is the same third-party case we saw in black not so long ago. So I asked: “really, do you guys have the iPhone 3G?”

Yes, we have iPhone 3Gs to test with their network and services. However, they are not the actual iPhones.

In other words: their engineers got the guts, but not the iPhone itself in final form. No design features, no leaked photos, no ****. Just the necessary stuff to do field tests. In fact, nobody outside of Cupertino has seen it, except VIP people who have met with His Steveness.

This is exactly what happened when the first iPhone was getting ready to launch in the United States. AT&T people will get part of the hardware, not even the user interface part, to test their service and network.

So even while the final phone may look like these fakes (after all, there’s only a limited number of ways to design a touch-screen cellphone,) the fact is that there are no iPhones 3G out there for people to take blurry photos. Security at Apple keeps being as strong as always, so if you people see another allegedly leaked photo of the iPhone 3G, posted somewhere to drive traffic or call for attention or make fun of gullible people, just remember this: no iPhones 3Gs are running rampant around. And friends don’t let friends believe in fake ****"

2. stateofmind macrumors regular

3. corrado7 thread starter macrumors regular

corrado7

tell that to AT&T the first time around

4. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I'm thinking there are hundreds of Chinese people on assembly lines that have seen it again and again and again.

5. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

I too think they're all fake, but why should we trust some random blogger and his "contact." Then again, if you're dumb enough to believe all these leaked images are real, then I guess you're dumb enough to take the word of some random blogger as gospel.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I agree^^^everything I've seen so far just makes me want to keep what I've got and then vomit. Most of them "been hit with the ugly stick!" :mad:

7. eddietr macrumors 6502a

Color me dumb, then. I think the pictures we've seen recently are the actual phone casing. Apple decided to let the third party case manufacturers get a sneak peek and the tradeoff is pictures of the new iPhone got out there. They didn't do that the first time because the manufacturers had plenty of lead time from the announcement to June 29. This time they will not have as long. The only thing remaining as a secret are the final color schemes for the back and the buttons (i.e. will the black case come with "silver" volume and mute buttons and a silver bezel.)

In fact I think the black case picture from HK about a month ago was the real deal. People said it was an external case. But the thing was sitting right next to a casing part from the iPhone 1 (the faux metal piece). Those weren't cases, those were actual parts from a supplier. The phones are being assembled this month and next, but they had to have been sourcing parts like case assemblies for at least a few weeks now.

8. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

Do you mean the one that showed "extra sensors"? That one wasn't bad.

In terms of case shape/design at least I think the Griffin molding posted today is probably legit. I personally think that hundreds or thousands have already seen the new iPhone, either in whole or in parts. But I also believe that 99% of the images are fake. Bloggers know that the fanboys will eat up "leaked" images, so they use it to promote their site. Who can blame them, as long as their are suckers, their strategy will continue to work.

9. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Cripes!

Just read all this nonsense on Digg, and now it's here too? What utter crap. The author needs to think (for more than ten seconds) about his reasoning here and realise how illogical he is being.

I guess it's *kind* of neat to make yourself look stupid on such a global scale? :) ... *shrugs*

10. stateofmind, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011

stateofmind macrumors regular

even though there is nothing inside of them?

11. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

hmmm. The shell of the iPhone counts as "part of the hardware" and "not even the user interface" :p. Otherwise case mamufacturers would be off (sidewinder).

12. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Gizmodo ran almost the exact same article / rant just a few days ago... I'll see if I can find it. Basically they said all the "leaked" photos so far are fakes and inaccurate.

13. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

A lot of blogs say they are inaccurate... this is from 05/06/2008

http://www.snappingyro.com/index.php/2008/05/06/3g-iphone-pics/

14. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

15. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

I wouldn't doubt it. I find it hard to believe that any information is coming from anywhere except *maybe* low level workers in china assembling the things... and that's if they even know what they are looking at.