Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Leaked photos show fully assembled iPhone 6s for the first time – in a completely new color View attachment 576110 View attachment 576111 View attachment 576113 View attachment 576112 View attachment 576114 View attachment 576115
You know what? From my perception, this has more or a pink hue that it is rose gold, as earlier speculated. If I was in the market for a 6S+, I would actually get this color. I couldn't care less if people thought it was girly. I would own it, hence, I actually like this color. If Apple offered this color in the 7/7S, I can't wait to own one.

soupcan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
Netherlands
From whatI understand of the Rose Gold is it could be a datker more red tinted gold giving a more bronze appearance.

This punk aint awful and is a more feminine colour to attract a wider consumer base but I don't think if it ever did see the light of day would be for me.
Seeing how the new iPod Touch got a new space grey that's actually pretty black I can only see Apple using the same color on the iPhone. It also helps to mask the antenna lines a bit more.

Reactions: Trickhot3102

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Saw this online and looked around for which site had the most images:
http://bgr.com/2015/08/19/iphone-6s-plus-first-pictures-pink/

Not sure if it's fake though. Looks more like a mockup than a leaked image to me though.

iphone-6s-pink-rose-gold-6.jpg
iphone-6s-pink-rose-gold-5.jpg
iphone-6s-pink-rose-gold-4.jpg
iphone-6s-pink-rose-gold-3.jpg
iphone-6s-pink-rose-gold-2.jpg
iphone-6s-pink-rose-gold-1.jpg

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
ahh missed that thread. Did a search to double check before posting, but I searched for "pink" which the OP didn't have. Thanks for mentioning that thread!

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Seeing how the new iPod Touch got a new space grey that's actually pretty black I can only see Apple using the same color on the iPhone. It also helps to mask the antenna lines a bit more.

I actually just found out that the new touch is a darker space gray! I LOVE IT!!!! It's more black, whereas slate had a blue-ish tint. REALLY hope Apple brings this dark space gray to the iPhone! It would be VERY tempting for me lol.

Here's a good vid showing what I mean about the new SG being more black and slate had a blue-ish tint..

Reactions: broadbean

yaboyac29

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2014
I actually just found out that the new touch is a darker space gray! I LOVE IT!!!! It's more black, whereas slate had a blue-ish tint. REALLY hope Apple brings this dark space gray to the iPhone! It would be VERY tempting for me lol.

Here's a good vid showing what I mean about the new SG being more black and slate had a blue-ish tint..

i think they will because the apple watch is dark as well. if not, then the iPhone 7 for sure.

Reactions: Trickhot3102

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I don't think they are going to release a rose gold color. This pink going around is really ugly and tacky.
A lot of people said that about the gold iPhone too when it was first announced. If Apple releases it, somebody will buy. Like me. I am tired of space grey. Silver and space gray look too much alike to me. That leaves me with gold or pink or Rose gold for a real change. My mom just recovered from breast cancer surgery so pink kind of appeals to me at the moment due to its association with the breast cancer awareness campaign.

Oh well, whatever. My phone is going into a black case anyway no matter what color it ends up being. I'll only see the bezel and the edges of it for the next year or two.

Nelliebee

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
New York
A lot of people said that about the gold iPhone too when it was first announced. If Apple releases it, somebody will buy. Like me. I am tired of space grey. Silver and space gray look too much alike to me. That leaves me with gold or pink or Rose gold for a real change. My mom just recovered from breast cancer surgery so pink kind of appeals to me at the moment due to its association with the breast cancer awareness campaign.

Oh well, whatever. My phone is going into a black case anyway no matter what color it ends up being. I'll only see the bezel and the edges of it for the next year or two.

I am happy to happy to hear your mother is recovering from breast cancer, I lost my mom to lung cancer a few years ago, and you are right most phones end up in cases and only the bezels are seen.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Whoa, some of those look really appealing. Others are a bit scary. I wish Apple would do some of the rainbow hued anodized finishes. They look almost official Apple styled.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I am happy to happy to hear your mother is recovering from breast cancer, I lost my mom to lung cancer a few years ago, and you are right most phones end up in cases and only the bezels are seen.
I'm sorry about your loss. Thanks for the kind words about my mom.

Do you put your iPhone in a case? Mine is covered front and back in a very rigid but thin wallet case. Even so, I still managed to shatter the screen of my 6Plus at the gas station when I was trying to get the credit card out of the wallet case. I fumbled the whole thing onto the pavement with the wallet open and the screen open to the ground. I'm thinking I'm not going to bother with a wallet case next time for the smaller 6s and will get a more form fitting stylish case. I've encased my space gray iPhones in conservative black cases for the last four years. I'm so done with that. I want to go bright and happy with my next choice.

Mikeyfabs

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2015

wow if apple doesn't release a black/rose gold option i am going to keep my 6+ and modify it myself to a black/rose gold. i wonder if there are any stores that do this?

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
That link give credit to the idea that Apple will do a pink phone. The pink color seems to be the most popular color by far (along with the 24K gold, with the super shine). Maybe Apple will also inscribe a custom HelloKitty icon on the back With the pink one. You can really sense the new power that the Chinese consumer has on many of the decisions Apple is making.

Reactions: Fzang

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Which is possibly why a more bronze colour may make an appearance. Darker shades may aid in hiding the bands so many find repulsive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.