Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
People here realise that the roadmap actually suggests October-November not September.
6700/6300HQ are GT2 non Iris Pro BGA chips. K should be a desktop chip or an open multi chip for barebone gamer notebooks but not one apple uses.
6920/6820 all those with 20 at the end are Iris Pro chips.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
People here realise that the roadmap actually suggests October-November not September.
6700/6300HQ are GT2 non Iris Pro BGA chips. K should be a desktop chip or an open multi chip for barebone gamer notebooks but not one apple uses.
6920/6820 all those with 20 at the end are Iris Pro chips.

So it looks like a spring time update and maybe a totally new MBP, 4K

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
A november/december release is in the cards according to that roadmap. In time for Christmas shopping season is usually a time when normal companies try to release new stuff if possible.

destroyboredom

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2002
Washington, DC.
My .02

Just some random thoughts from a biased person hoping for an update before 2016.

1. For Apple to do this interim update now I think they have some pretty good assurances from Intel as to when Skylake will be coming.

2. Just two years ago they did an update in February, followed by another update in October. So I think we can throw out any arguments that say October-December is too soon.

3. I think the next revision will bring the 13" and 15" back on the same upgrade cycle. That said, considering the 13" was updated at the beginning of March, it makes an update before the end of the year that much more plausible (assuming processor availability). As stated above, Apple has already shown they aren't opposed to a shorter upgrade cycle.

4. I don't think we'll see a huge chassis redesign. Ports may change and maybe they shave a few millimeters off, possibly color options. I don't think it will go to a Macbook/Macbook Air wedge shape.

5. Assuming availability. I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement in October at Apple's iPad event (possibly along side iMac updates), with shipping dates a few weeks later in November.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.