Leaked specs...for a $999 model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetblk328i, Feb 23, 2011.

  1. jetblk328i, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

    jetblk328i macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #1
    Hey guys,

    Just like most of you, I have been tracking the developments on the new macbook pro...

    As of right now, I have somebody willing to pay $950 for my 2010 2.4 13".

    So, we've all seen the leaked specs. I know many of you are wondering if this may be specs to the machine that would replace the white macbook.

    Thoughts?

    Also, assuming it releases tomorrow, Can I get it at soho apple store tomorrow?
     
  2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2010
    #2
    If you're already set on selling, don't worry about your other questions and sell today before the new laptops hit tomorrow, as it seems like your buyer is still in the dark.

    $950 is a great deal considering the same SKU from Apple refurbished is going for $999 so you got some use out of it for X months and are only losing $50 plus whatever tax you paid.

    Once the new laptops hit, odds are against you getting $950 again.
     
  3. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    #3
    Sell it. You're lucky, I didn't get anywhere near that.
     
  4. jetblk328i thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #4
    I would love to sell it but can it be confirmed that it will be out tomorrow?

    I am a student and this MBP is my only computer. If it isnt available tomorrow, I am screwed.
     
  5. Caris macrumors 6502a

    Caris

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2006
    Location:
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
  6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2010
    #6
    That's probably a $100 question that only you can answer. Based on what's on the forum, either tomorrow or 3/2 alongside the new iPads at the latest.
     
  7. Benjamins macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    #7
    personally I would sell it, but I have more than one computer.
     
  8. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    #8
    Do you have an iPhone? You could use that with a bluetooth keyboard. I understand it's not ideal, but it could hold you over. It's what I'm using while I wait.
     
  9. aaps59 macrumors regular

    aaps59

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2010
    Location:
    NY
  10. jetblk328i thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #10
    Yes I have an iPhone 4. Does the Apple bluetooth keyboard work with the iPhone 4? I thought they were only for Macs.

    I am hoping to god that the new macbooks also use SATA II. And that installation will be the same. I plan on shoving all my music and whatnot into my SSD currently installed and selling it with the old HDD with the sale...
     
  11. jetblk328i thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #11
    Sounds good, I should be up bright and early waiting in any possible line...I hope that 1. it is out tomorrow, and 2. the soho store will have it tomorrow.

    Does the Soho store usually have the newest products the day of the launch?
     
  12. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    #12
    It sure does work. It's worked since IOS 3 or 4 don't remember.
     
  13. panzer06 macrumors 68030

    panzer06

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2006
    Location:
    Kilrath
    #13
    BT Keyboard works fine, just no mouse support.

    Cheers,
     
  14. jetblk328i thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #14
    Thanks guys for the support!

    I am now really close to texting the guy and telling him that I can, in fact, meet up tonight.

    A few questions, sorry if the thread has taken a different turn but...

    1.I plan on putting all music etc from external hard drive(which is original HDD in an enclosure) into my SSD.

    2.Removing the SSD and putting it into my enclosure, installing the original HDD back, erasing everything, and reinstalling OSX + ilife.

    Do I need to do anything to the SSD before I remove it and use it as an external or can I just turn the computer off remove it and put into my enclosure and be a-ok?
     

Share This Page