Leaked version & current ver. jB

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kenniiiiii, Jul 8, 2011.

1. kenniiiiii macrumors member

Question. Want to know if these are 2 different version of jailbreak. The leaked and the one recently released. Are they both beta version? I use the leaked ver. To jB my 4.30. Should I upgrade to 4.33 and jB?

Also I dl themes on Cydia and I dun see it anywhere on winter board.

Thanks

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

1. Forget the leaked version. It was a disaster.
    2. There's only 1 version for the iPad2 - jailbreakme.com and it's NOT beta.
    3. Backup your device in iTunes.
    4. Restore to factory settings which will install 4.3.3
    5. Restore the the backup taken in Step 3
    6. Go to jailbreakme.com to jb.
    7. Reinstall Cydia apps.

3. Hongkongfu macrumors member

4. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

If he saved his 4.3.3 shsh blobs then he has no need to rush. If Apple releases 4.3.4 he should be able to restore to 4.3.3. He should upgrade to 4.3.3 though and get rid of that buggy beta jailbreak. There is no reason not to upgrade to 4.3.3 anyway.

5. Hongkongfu macrumors member

as i know there is no bootroom exploit ?!

so only the wifi model can restore if there is a 4.3.4 .. because this one dont have a baseband right ?!

6. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Yea, there is no bootrom exploit. I am not exactly sure of the situation with 3G ipads. I think they have some sort of issue due to a firmware and a baseband check upon restore. I assumed that the OP has a wifi only model since i am pretty sure the leaked beta did not work on 3G models.

7. ppeewang macrumors newbie

i used the leaked versoin on 4.3.0 didn't have any problems, but when the official one came out, I decided to upgrade and run it again. Better safe then sorry and for god's sake save that damn SHSH!!!

8. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys.. but how do i backup my downloaded apps in itunes. it auto deletes it

9. TC25 macrumors 68020

Downloaded apps from where, Cydia? If yes, iTunes doesn't 'delete' them. iTunes doesn't know about them, so they are not backed up.

Pkgbkup is one Cydia app that backs up jb apps. There are others which have been discussed a lot. Search on Pkgbkup or Aptbkup and you will find many threads in iPad Hacks or iPhone hacks forums.

10. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Are you talking about pirated/cracked apps? If you are then buy the applications and they will sync up with no problems. If not then I don't know what the issue is. Legitimately obtained apps should back up/sync with no problems.

11. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

ok i did a factory reset to delete all apps but it hangs at the apple icon black screen. i cant turn it off or anything, plug it in the itunes but it doesnt read it... crap, something bad just happen?

ok got it to turn off but it wont delete my jailbreak and wont update.. how long usually it takes to wipe out everything? mine sure took very very long so i terminate it

12. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

I am not sure about the ipad but when I did a wipe on my iphone it took a while. You probably did not give it enough time to finish.

13. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

well the completion bar didnt even ran so it got me worried. well now i hook it up to itunes and update to 4.33