Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiri09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
【1】Homepod Mini
HomePod Mini, priced at $99, 3.3 inches high, S5 processor.
Pre-sale for most places are scheduled for November 6 and will be on sale on November 16.

【2】iPhone
four models

iPhone 12 Mini (5.4 inches), starting at $699, colors are black, white, red, blue, green.

iPhone 12 (6.1 inches), starting at $799, colors are black, white, red, blue, green.

iPhone 12 Pro (6.1 inches), starting at $999, colors are gold, silver, graphite, blue.

iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7 inches), starting at $1099, colors are gold, silver, graphite, blue.

The four models are all 5G models. Currently, only the US model has millimeter wave. The key point is that earphones and chargers are not provided.

12 Mini and 12 memory capacity to choose from: 64G/128G/256G
12 Pro and 12 Pro Max memory capacity to choose from: 128G/256G/512G

The four screens all have Super Retina XDR Display. In addition, there is a new screen glass technology, Ceramic Shield Front Cover, which is simply ceramic substrate glass, which increases the hardness and resistance to drop.

The name of wireless charging returns to Magsafe, with a power of 15W.

Four iPhones can directly shoot Dolby Vision video.

Smart Data Mode
:My understanding is that 4G/5G is allocated according to the application bandwidth. Specific big data throughput applications use 5G, which is estimated to save power.

Camera photography is the key point. I'm afraid it's not accurate enough here. Some parts are described in English:

iPhone 12 Mini (5.4 inches): dual camera, wide-angle + ultra-wide-angle, ƒ/1.6
iPhone 12 (6.1 inches): dual camera, wide-angle + ultra-wide-angle, ƒ/1.6

Deep Fusion and night scene modes have become better, Smart HDR also has upgrade, namely Smart HDR 3

iPhone 12 Pro (6.1 inches): Three cameras (wide-angle, ultra-wide-angle, telephoto) + LiDAR, wide-angle with the new 7P lens, ƒ/1.6, 52mm focal length telephoto, the entire system can provide four times optical zoom.

iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7 inches): Three cameras (wide-angle, ultra-wide-angle, telephoto) + LiDAR, wide-angle with the new 7P lens, ƒ/1.6, 65mm focal length telephoto, the whole system can provide five times optical zoom.

Key point: The biggest difference between 12 Pro Max and 12 Pro is that 12 Pro Max also has a larger sensor (47% larger sensor with 1.7μm pixels). Expansive is added before the description of the 12 Pro Max ultra-wide angle.

The pre-sale date of the iPhone 12 Mini (5.4 inches) is scheduled for November 6 and it will be released on November 13

The pre-sale date for the iPhone 12 (6.1 inches) is scheduled for October 16and will be released on October 23

The pre-sale date of the iPhone 12 Pro (6.1 inches) is scheduled for October 16 and it will be released on October 23

The pre-sale date of the iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7 inches) is scheduled for November 13and will be released on November 20

【3】Others
iPhone case with built-in Magsafe technology, Magsafe Charger, Magsafe Duo Charger.

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
For those who are unfamiliar with Kang, he is a highly credible leaker. On par with or exceeds L0vetodream. Kang predicted the events of WWDC and was one of the earliest to give notice about Watch SE.

The biggest surprise is probably the 4x and 5x optical zoom on the Pro models. That's a pretty nice upgrade.

At $799, the iPhone 12 is a little more expensive than hoped for but not unexpected. Earlier this year, I suspected the 5.4" model exists to fight the cheap 5G Android devices that now start under $150. It certainly looks like that's the case given the 6.1" moved up to $799.

Last edited:

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Looks good. Looks like everything I want from the mini except the November release date!

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
For those who are unfamiliar with Kang, he is a highly credible leaker. On par with or exceeds L0vetodream. Kang predicted the events of WWDC and was one of the earliest to give notice about Watch SE.

The biggest surprise is probably the 4x and 5x optical zoom on the Pro models. That's a pretty nice upgrade.

At $799, the iPhone 12 is a little more expensive than hoped for but not unexpected. Earlier this year, I suspected the 5.4" model exists to fight the cheap 5G Android devices that now start under $150. It certainly looks like that's the case given the 6.1" moved up to $799.
Yes the leakers called the mini 649$ starting price and the iphone 12 6.1 749$ so they where 50$ shorter :)

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Some people will be annoyed that you have to buy the biggest Pro Max model to get the best camera now. Me, I'm delighted. I always go for the Max.

I can't wait to see the event.
same was on the iphone 7 and 7 plus....is not the first time Apple does that...

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Man, this sucks. I hate that we’re back to having to choose between size or features.

I currently own the 11 Pro Max and was pretty set on moving down to the smaller sized 12 Pro. I suppose I can live with less focal reach on the zoom lens but if the “expansive” ultra wide is better on the Max sized version, it’s gonna be tough to decide.

Will the 47% larger sensor make a big difference? Can someone explain how this will make it superior to the 6.1” model?

I am excited about 15W wireless charging. I just hope this will work on third party chargers too, and that’s it’s not exclusive to the wireless charger that Apple is rumored to be working on.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
No 120Hz display. In classic Apple fashion, they're leaving out this feature so they can include it in next year's iPhone as a selling point.
Yes, next year will be promotion, smaller notch and slimmer bezels...for some that will be even bigger upgrade than this year

DinkThifferent

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
I’m not familiar with the iPhone 11 dollar prices, could you guys tell me if the prices for the 12 series have remained the same or that Apple has raised them?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
If that is true, and it seems it will be...that mean even more light is allowed...so in the night you will see the difference even better

In practical terms, this probably means Night mode video recording.

DinkThifferent

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
Man, this sucks. I hate that we’re back to having to choose between size or features.

Will the 47% larger sensor make a big difference? Can someone explain how this will make it superior to the 6.1” model?

Perhaps that 47% larger sensor simply doesn’t fit in the 12 Pro and only fits in the Pro Max?

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
As for colours of the non-Pro models, guessing blue and red will be Aluminium in the same shade as the Apple Watch S6 rather than the lighter iPad Air colours.... but what about the green?

Reactions: CarolG

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Leaks from Chinese Weibo leaker Kang who have already seen the Apple Special Event

Welp... that's the problem with pre-recording the event video... it can leak!

I'm still excited to watch it though.

And now we'll be able to discuss (argue) through the weekend until Tuesday... ?

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
The four screens all have Super Retina XDR Display. In addition, there is a new screen glass technology, Ceramic Shield Front Cover, which is simply ceramic substrate glass, which increases the hardness and resistance to drop.

Does that mean that the non-Pro models have the exact same screen (contrast, max nits, resolution for both 6.1) vs 12 Pro ? That is excellent news for non-Pro if it's true !

I was expecting non-pro to have non-XDR display like X/XS (less nits so less good for HDR content and less contrast vs XDR on 11 Pro)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.