Leaning towards a galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by hunterheath33, Dec 17, 2012.

1. hunterheath33 macrumors regular

So I'm on us cellular and want to get a smartphone. I want great reception and a big screen but not too big with awesome battery life. I'm told the GS3 is great for me so I can browse the web Facebook text email and take pictures. And I was thinking of a 2GB data plan to accompany it. What do you guys think?

2. Yujenisis macrumors 6502

If I was going to get a Droid, I'd probably go with the Nexus 4.

The S3 is, of course, enormously popular for a reason. I think either one will be a great phone.

3. cynics macrumors G3

He'd have to switch off of US Cellular to get a N4. BTW, "Droid" = Verizon exclusive Android line...

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Thank you!

OP the GS3 is a great phone. Battery life isn't incredible but it's not bad either. I used to carry an extra charged battery with me in case I ran out but it didn't happen often. Just be aware that it's successor the S4 is rumored to be released early-mid 2013 so are you ok with not having the latest and greatest?

5. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Don't think you can go wrong with it, it's indeed a great phone.:)

6. maxosx macrumors 68020

I live in a highly populated area where smartphones are all one sees. Not a feature phone in sight.

What's been very noticeable over the last year is the incredible dominance of top of the line Android phones.

Rarely do I or my friends see the iPhone 5. It's long narrow body makes them easy to spot, thus their noticeable absence is strange.

7. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

What's the smartphone model you most commonly see?