LEAP encryption?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edgarj, Jun 29, 2007.

1. edgarj macrumors newbie

Well, No LEAP encryption as of now, so I'm stuck with EDGE for work data connection as my university/hospital uses Cysco/LEAP for wifi. :mad:

2. valdesan macrumors newbie

do you think we will ever get LEAP encryption? is the only thing tht keeps me from getting an iphone:(

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

It would be nice as my employer uses CISCO/LEAP, as well, so I cannot use my iPhone on their WiFi network.

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

5. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Leap has not been present in a lot of consumer level wireless devices thus far. It really does not suprise me that it's not in the iPhone. Leap has been something driven by "enterprise" class wireless devices first.

That's changing as more companies adopt those security standards and people want to bring their "consumer" level devices to work, they are getting a rude awakening.

Rumor has it that Cisco wants a bundle for the compliance testing and tools to get you LEAP. This includes a license if I am not mistaken. Now that "bundle" is nothing but a drop in the bucket for a company like Apple, but I imagine it adds testing time and that makes release dates harder to hit.

My company still uses plain old WEP, for that I am thankful.

6. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Are you serious? My little sister could hack WEP in her sleep. That's pretty bold of your company. I just hope they don't store any customer information! I would be pissed if I were your customer if that's the case. Identity theft is so widespread anymore. I should know...I've worked for 3 different banks and people were always coming in to file paperwork.

7. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Yes, Intel has added the support to their latest WiFi Centrino chipsets (via Cisco software) which has been nice since now we no longer have to use Cisco PCMCIA cards with our newest laptops.

8. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

no LEAP keeps me from using my iPod touch at work :(
    Productivity remains.

What you don't know, won't hurt their business. :)

9. upenox macrumors newbie

Yeah, we run WEP at work too, but I'm running EAP-TLS @ home :(