Leapord Macbook Glitch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Thrawn, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Thrawn macrumors member

Hey Everyone!

I just got done talking with a friend and he told me that he had heard of a glitch with the new macbooks. He said that if you re-arrange some files (or something like that) that you could switch in between spaces by tapping the side of a macbook. I dunno, it sounded pretty bogus to me, just wanted to make sure it wasn't true. Thanks!

-Thrawn

2. MacGuyver macrumors member

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Ask him what files, and post it here. Someone will give it a try.

4. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

could be possible, there is an application out and about i believe that allows you to cycle through windows by slapping the side of your macbook or macbook pro... Seeing as how they both have accelerometers...

5. Zuwxiv macrumors member

I've got one of the new Macbooks sitting right here, I'd be glad to give it a whirl if you could get a little more specific on how it works! It sounds like something where the gyroscopes are used to switch spaces - tilting it right to change the space? Sounds like something out of a tablet if it works.

Edit: if he's using a 3rd party application, it would still be cool.

6. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

It's an application called Smackbook (see it in action.) Personally, I'm not sure how I feel treating my mac like this.

7. MacGuyver macrumors member

wtf.. all you guys just re-posted what i said in the first post..

8. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I tried it out about 4 months ago. It was weird hitting my MacBook and I decided to get rid of the program. I decided to leave my household slapping to family members and my forehead. I coulda had a V8................:D

9. MacGuyver macrumors member

10. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

There's actually a modification (or an alternate; i'm not sure what) that uses the ambient light sensor. You wave your hand over the sensor (left speaker for the MBP I think) and it does the same thing. Kinda cool for "no touch" screen switching, but I don't think it would work as reliably... especially when it starts switching screens by itself when light gets low. ;)