Leapord's Not Rounded Top Corners

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iarejedi, Jul 15, 2007.

1. iarejedi macrumors member

Why are they not rounded? Seriously, I love that look I don't know why they would get rid of it. Will there be a way to get it back? Like an option or something? This may seem like a stupid thing to complain about but seriously, Macs have had those rounded corners for ever and now they are gone. :( The new menu bar is just so unpleasing to me now, at least you can turn the transparency off..but what about the rounded corners!

And I just realized this should be in the leopard forum! MY BAD, please someone move it thanks.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Well, you should only worry about it when Leopard is actually released. Only devs are using it now, of course.

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

Duh.

http://bugreport.apple.com <-- go go go!

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

Umm...it was the apple engineers themselves who told the WWDC attendees to submit bug reports for missing/wanted features and things you generally disagreed with and things like that. The more the better.

Like this lovely one: http://rentzsch.com/cocoa/iphoneIndieAppDevelopment

It's also not like retarded useless bug reports don't exist in radar, so as long as you're coherent and make a good case as to why the corners shouldn't be rounded...

Otherwise send feedback to the appropriate email address.

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Yes, but there is a clear difference between bugs and major, system-wide UI changes.

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

The bug reporter isn't just for bugs.

From a usability standpoint, I would definitely file one just about the transparent menubar in Leopard. I consider it a bug, I consider it disgusting and useless, and I want it disabled by default.

I'll leave it up to the OP to justify why not-rounded corners are not good. I'm just pointing out one avenue to voice the OP's concerns to Apple directly.

There exist others, another one would be http://www.apple.com/feedback/

9. iarejedi thread starter macrumors member

Speaking of the transparency, is Apple out of their minds? Seriously, who's bright idea was it to make them transparent???

10. janey macrumors 603

janey

I'm not even going there. I can hardly read half my menubar in Leopard at the moment, and most of my backgrounds are the lovely ones that would make it even more difficult to read the menubar vs. bland ones that are solid colored up there or something.

11. iarejedi thread starter macrumors member

I might be mistaken, but didn't Steve say, or I read somewhere that the transparency was an option? If it's not I will be really upset :(

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

Nope. There are hacks available, but by default (well...you don't have a choice, rather), you have to deal with the transparent menubar.

13. shoelessone macrumors 6502

First time MacRumors post, first time Apple owner (MBP as of 8 days ago), just read this and I must say, that's pretty dumb imo.

It'd be one thing to make it an exposeish feature (hit f8 to make menu bar go from normal -> transparent -> totally disapear for extra screen realistate).

Then again, as I meantioned, I'm still adjusting from my full time (computer science major 9 hours a day) Windows usage to OSX, so my thoughts are probably a little "off" :)

14. Queso macrumors G4

Could it be some kind of visual clue thing? Do they appear rounded when you only have one workspace, but sharp if Spaces is activated?

Just a thought.

15. iBunny macrumors 65816

Wow now it accually looks like a real computer.

Either round the bottom corners, or square the top ones. Pick one.