Learning a lesson

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Kulfon, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Kulfon macrumors regular

After encountering a ton of issues while moving from iOS 6 to iOS 7, I decided to never do it again:) So it was only yesterday that I moved from iOS 7 to iOS 8 and I am definitely not going to get iOS 9 anytime soon, I will wait for Beta testers to help Apple fix issues:)

2. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I complelty understand why you waitied for iOS 7 and iOS 8, however, iOS 9 is running great...As a Develper, I can say that iOS 9 has been running BETTER then iOS 8 since beta 4. We are now on the public release and I can tell you it runs more than amazing. Up to you though.

3. StudyFlo macrumors member

StudyFlo

Yep, it's pretty solid. Even the iOS 9.1 Public Beta runs quite good (for a Beta though).

4. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

zero trust towards Apple- zero!!! moving to iOS 7 was a nightmare and I have heard it was the same with iOS 8, which I never did until yesterday.

5. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

OK, cool. Thank you for informing us of your choice to not upgrade today. Now try and enjoy the rest of your life, while you wait for it.

6. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

I'm going to say that every phone with iOS will run differently. Nobody will have exact same results.

7. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

so iOS 9 is a public beta or the official release?

8. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

Ummm...This is not really true...because Apples iOS is not like Android, every iOS is the same. Yeah, some people get bugs and glitches, but that is nothing that a simple restore won't fix. For you to say that it runs differently, I am getting at that you are saying iOS runs like crap for other people and iOS runs great for the rest...this is very untrue. Unless you had a phone with an actual hardware defect, All iPhone modles should run the same...After working with so many bugged out and glitchy phones, I will say that all the glitches I have seem come from the same iOs and the same modle iPhone.

9. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

Welcome, you can always count on me:)

10. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Do you have iPhone 5 or 4s? The 5 can run iOS 9 pretty good.

11. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

5s

12. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Even better, if you do decide to update, it shouldn't be as bad as previously.

13. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

I will read what folks say and will probably upgrade with 9.3 or 9.4 - will be safe. Or will get a new 6s and then I will have no choice.

14. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Welcome you can always count on me :) it's a dirty job - someone has to do it.

I upgraded to 7 right away and to 8 right way - had issues and problems too, the other side to the problems is the new features and abilities like upgraded notes, better iCloud storage and access, etc. for me that is worth the hiccups.

OS9 seems to be a better transistion - at least for me.