Learning Adobe CS5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NavySEAL6, Jun 27, 2010.

1. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Hey, I just got a new mac and I'm interested to learn how to use all of these programs. Is there a good online resource that anyone would recommend to me? Preferably free

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. NavySEAL6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to learn Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere, Soundbooth, and After Effects.

4. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

Do you have any day to day use for them, or did they come with your computer?

If you aren't using all of those apps all the time it will be difficult to "learn" them.

5. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

There are plenty of training videos online that you can watch to learn. But, in my opinion, the best way to learn is to just get in there and start playing with the applications. Take a photo in photoshop and just keep editing it and playing with the tools until you learn what does what. You won't get much out of the videos until you know the tools anyway.

I'd recommend using one of the templates in Illustrator and follow the same steps mentioned above to learn how to create the product you want.

6. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I would recommend taking some classes, either online or at a local college. What you can learn in class really will help you exponentially. I'm in my second year of using the Adobe programs and my classes really have helped a lot. It's all in what you make of it though, you could totally be successful on your own. I'd like to suggest the author Annessa Hartman.

http://www.allbookstores.com/author/Annesa_Hartman.html

It's what 3 of my classes have used. The exploring books are really great and they all come with cdrom tutorials that you must complete. I might be selling my classroom textbooks (they are all brand new) soon. Just a heads up.

7. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

Google will find TONS of training videos.

But seriously, it doesn't make sense that the OP laid out $2,000 for all of these apps, then says "hey I want to learn them - free" . Something doesn't add up.

8. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

He probably got CS5 for free.

9. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

My guess too, along with other apps.

One of Adobe's best guards against piracy is that their apps are so d*&n hard to learn :) And if you are going to get a "free" copy, you can't justify the expense of training :)

Kelby is a great source for photographers wanting to learn adobe products.
    Designers, and video people won''t get much there though. And it costs $25/month.

10. NavySEAL6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds good I'll check google for some videos. I dont need to learn them inside out, just the basics and the rest will come with time. Its all for private use anyway, its not like I'm counting on being able to produce something professional like.