Learning Dreamweaver 8

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by summero, May 22, 2007.

1. summero macrumors regular

summero

Hello everyone, I am really interested in learning how to create websites with Dreamweaver 8. If anyone can help me out and suggest some books and/or websites on how to create a simple portfolio site such as this one http://www.markisart.com/, that would be awesome :) Thank you!

2. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Wow some people can be so helpful here :rolleyes:

Check out Peachpit Press You can purchase directly from them online.

I recommend the "Hands On Training" series which you can browse through in the link above.

4. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

I recommend not learning how to build websites with dreamweaver. But what do I know? :cool:

Save a few hundred dollars and pick up Panic's Coda.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Dreamweaver actually ships with a lot of built-in tutorials. I would start with them...

And I would strongly consider upgrading to Dreamweaver CS3 (aka 9), I never bothered with DW8, because it generally misbehaves, but earlier this week I downloaded the trial of DW CS3, and (although it still isn't quite ready, IMO) it seems very much improved both in functionality, and - even more important - in the way it generates code...

I was planning on only buying Photoshop CS3, but now I'm strongly considering getting DW, too, or maybe even the whole Adobe CS3 Web Premium... even if it's about three times the cost of "just" Photoshop... :eek:

6. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

In dreamweaver there a lots and losts of manuals on how to get you started. I would recomend Coda.

7. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

We help those that do their homework first.

8. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'm in the same boat and have ordered The Missing Manual and Adobe's own Classroom in a Book (niether have been published yet)