Least bulky, professional looking case for iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sixxmum, Jul 5, 2012.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I am currently using a CaseCrown folio style case that I like fine, but it's a bit more bulky thank I would like when I am putting it in my briefcase or purse. I need something that looks professional (as this is primarily for work), adds some protection, and has a smart on/off feature.

What would you recommend?

2. glen e macrumors 68030

After owning about 20 cases - this is the best I have for business:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1397172

if I want super thin, there really is no better than a leather smartcover and incipio or Zum back....

3. -TYLER macrumors regular

I know you said case, but a leather smart cover and a wood Skin for icarbons looks nice. http://www.icarbons.com/collections/ipad-2nd-3rd-gen

If your not worried about drop protection then that would be best for you.

Also if you don't want to pay $70 for the leather smart cover, check eBay some people sell them for $30-$40.

4. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I saw that the smart covers (some) are available on Amazon, but many people state that they are fakes. I think that would make me hesitant to buy one not from apple, though I do think it's insane that they are so much.

5. -TYLER macrumors regular

Yeah not the ones from amazon, only look at eBay, a lot of top rates sellers sell real apple smart covers cheap because they were returned to a store, or they are a open box item. Just got mine today, came in perfect condition.

6. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

The Apple Smart Case is really nice and looks rather professional if you stay away from the more outrageous colors. The fit may not be the best I've heard on the iPad 2, but I love it on my New iPad.

7. soundtracker macrumors member

I want to order one from ebay but don't want to risk getting a fake. I'll have to look for a reputable seller. Need more smart covers in my life!