Least obtrusive solution for "death grip" issue (for a lefty)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sixxmum, Aug 16, 2010.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

And, I mean besides "don't hold it that way." :)
    I'm still deciding on how much and what type of case I need, but I am left handed, so should probably have something to deal with the antenna issue.

2. JokerD macrumors member

You could use a wrap, colored/clear/carbon fiber vinyl

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you're not into the whole screen protector thing, then I'd suggest you take a look at the iFrogz Luxe Lean case.

http://ifrogz.com/

Pretty low profile so it's not bulky like some other cases. The interior is lined with velvety material to keep the back of your phone from getting scratched (in theory) and it looks pretty nice. Not sure it'll save your phone from a drop but looks like it might hold up :confused:

4. Rainlyn macrumors newbie

least obtrusive solution.

Technically, you don't ever need a case at all, and that would be the least obtrusive solution. There are companies that offer a type of 'bandaid' or strip that is transparent and covers up that particular problem area on the side.

Otherwise there are a lot of naked cases and thin cases, such as at switcheasy.com or other manufacturers.

5. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Do wraps or those side strips actually solve the antenna problem? I thought I had read people saying they weren't thick enough.

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Technically, no. For me, they helped a little bit but didn't completely solve the problem. Any company that claims their strips fix the problem is full of it.

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Agreed. I'm getting so sick of having to hold phone carefully to avoid losing signal, I'm actually considering caving in and just using a damn case. Films aren't doing the trick, that's for sure.

9. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

It's a dilemma. I'm looking at the Incipio Feather, InCase Slider, and several leather flips right now. I like the ease and protection of the flips, but don't like leather. I like the minimal lines of the feather, but the reviews could be better. I like the look of the slider, but am wary of the scratch issue. Bah