Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
Are there any leather alternatives to FineWoven from third parties that match Apple’s last year leather case quality?

I've now tried every third-party leather case that's commonly mentioned here and elsewhere. After all my testing (and too much spending), there's one case that clearly rises above the rest: Satchel & Page. It has the feel everyone wants in a leather case. All the others are lesser, IMO.

Honorable mentions go to Bullstrap and Ryan London. But they don't compare to Satchel & Page's case, which ONLY comes in brown. The case is so good, though, who cares? I love it.

Reactions: HowEver

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
I've now tried every third-party leather case that's commonly mentioned here and elsewhere. After all my testing (and too much spending), there's one case that clearly rises above the rest: Satchel & Page. It has the feel everyone wants in a leather case. All the others are lesser, IMO.

Honorable mentions go to Bullstrap and Ryan London. But they don't compare to Satchel & Page's case, which ONLY comes in brown. The case is so good, though, who cares? I love it.

The only negative I have with my S&P case is that it scratches and marks so easily, more so than any of the others. But it does feel like the highest quality of leather at the same time.

Reactions: alamperti

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014

What makes it better than Bullstrap?

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
What makes it better than Bullstrap?

The feel of the leather. It feels like a leather jacket or bag, not a phone case. That is taking nothing away from bullstrap or any other leather case, but I’m also yet to find anything with the same feel and texture as the Satchel & Page case.

Reactions: alamperti

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
The feel of the leather. It feels like a leather jacket or bag, not a phone case. That is taking nothing away from bullstrap or any other leather case, but I’m also yet to find anything with the same feel and texture as the Satchel & Page case.

Nice. I originally ordered the S&P case, but I switched to Bullstrap when they delayed shipments.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto

I opened this thread to see if anyone had experience with the Satchel & Page iPhone leather case. I own some of their bags and other items, etc. but bought those before prices went ballistic; plus there's the exchange rate and shipping and customs. Still, everything else they make is top of the line, so this does not surprise me. Thanks for this review.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
I just received my first Andar Aspen case, and I must say, I am very impressed. Despite having read all the glowing reviews, it still exceeded my expectations.

The fit and finish is even nicer than Apple's own leather cases. The leather just exudes quality, has a great grip out of the box and smells great! When you insert the phone into the case, it has a very satisfying snap that lets you know the case is properly fitted but not to the point where it is overly tight or difficult to remove.

I could not be happier with this purchase and give it my highest recommendation for anyone still looking for a leather case. I just wish I had bought it sooner!

Reactions: RRC

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
I just received my first Andar Aspen case, and I must say, I am very impressed. Despite having read all the glowing reviews, it still exceeded my expectations.

The fit and finish is even nicer than Apple's own leather cases. The leather just exudes quality, has a great grip out of the box and smells great! When you insert the phone into the case, it has a very satisfying snap that lets you know the case is properly fitted but not to the point where it is overly tight or difficult to remove.

I could not be happier with this purchase and give it my highest recommendation for anyone still looking for a leather case. I just wish I had bought it sooner!
Yep, the Andar takes some beating at the price point it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.