Leather bag for a 15" laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ktigre, Oct 2, 2009.

1. ktigre macrumors newbie

Looking for a daily carry bag for a guy that works for business and casual carry. I'm 6'9" so a big bag isn't a problem. The only requirement is that it have room for a couple paperbacks, a 15" laptop, a few files, power adapter, and misc pens and other crud we all end up carrying around. A ncie addition would be one that has a key ring snap inside.

I really want a good leather bag that will last for a decade so I'm expecting the $300 price range or so. I love how dark brown leather ages as it gets scuffed and dinged and develops a patina.

One thing I've noticed is that alot of the really nice bags don't have good pictures of the interior. They advertise the exterior really nicely, but what good is a nice exterior if there's no room inside or it's badly designed.

Anyone have any photos of the interor of the Piel Traditional flap portfolio? I can't find a single one anywhere on the net. Also the Rawlings 2 gusset computer briefcase is really nice looking in black but it seems just a hair to small for a 15" laptop since most run in the 15x10 range and it's 14"x9.5"

Other than those, anyone have any suggestions?

... The more i think about it, a good leather backpack would work as well.

2. p3ncil macrumors regular

3. ktigre thread starter macrumors newbie

If I can't find a good leather bag I'll probably end up getting the Ogio Metro backpack as I love their stuff(My luggage and my golf bag are all OGIO), but I'd really like to find a bag in leather.

Thankfully backpacks don't have any stigmas anymore as to who carries them. I've seen CEOs, CIOs, and almost an entire board of directors carrying backpacks instead of briefcases. I just happen to like the look of leather messengers or porthole briefcases.

Just not sure what's out there other than the stuff on sites like ebags.com. Probably there's some good american leather companies that make exactly what I want, but finding them is proving to be the problem.

4. ahatch macrumors newbie

Leather bags for laptops

I keep looking at this bag. It cost more than I want to pay but I think it looks really classy. I really like the distressed vintage look. I also like this one. They are both by MacCase.

5. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Check out LL Bean

I just got an amazing bag from them. Really nice leather too.

6. sharkync macrumors regular

Man - those bags are very nice! Thanks for the heads up.

7. ktigre thread starter macrumors newbie

Those MacCase bags are nice... I'll have to consider them...

Looked at LLBean and I like theirs too, unfortunately the reviews seem to point to the clasps not being very good quality and popping open easily.

8. ktigre thread starter macrumors newbie

Found what I'm looking for in 2 bags... somewhat. Now if only I could mush This and This together and make one bag out of them...

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr