Leather band on a sport watch? how

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gmlens, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Gmlens macrumors newbie

I bought a sport watch blue band, but for the evenings 'a party or a wedding) i want to put on a leather classic buccle strap on my sport watch, how can i do this? gregory

2. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Buy a leather band from apple, or a third party.

3. Gmlens thread starter macrumors newbie

leather on a sport watch

Ok, thanks but if someone has bought a sport watch with a blue band, how can he put on a leather band? how do you get that system where to put on the leather band and slides that in the watch case?

4. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

The bands are removable, they detach.
    There's a mechanism on the back you press down, and slide the bands in and out.

5. Gmlens thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it is, but you need that piece where you are attaching the leather watch band to, and that you do not get in the box with a sport watch?

6. SR71 macrumors 68000

The ends of each strap that connect to the watch are all the same. You literally buy the leather band, slide the sport watch band out (click the little button on the bottom of the watch), and slide the leather band in. That's it. There's no special attachments that you need to get or anything.

7. Gmlens thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks, so when you buy a leather band seperately, you get that system with it? to attach the band to the sport watch? as with the sport or metal band it is in the actual band, it is one piece and not with the leather one? i hope i am clear?

8. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

The Apple ones are all ready to go. If you buy a third party band, you need to make sure it is a) fitted for the Apple watch of your case size, or B) you must find an adapter for a non Apple watch fitted band

9. Titleist macrumors regular

Titleist

You can use any band with any watch.

10. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

If it's the Apple bands, any 38mm will work with any 38mm case, and 42mm with 42mm.

11. Gmlens thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for this, but you are saying when you buy a seperate leather strap from apple you get that piece where you attach the strap and that slides in the watch case with it? every time you buy a leather strap? Ok have a look when you buy a leather strap you can not specify what finish of the watch case you have? I know it is complicated

12. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Yes. It's part of the band. Just go look at them on the online store. And no, they come as is without relation to your cases finish.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The leather bands from Apple are only made with steel attachments. So it won't be the same metal as a Sports watch.

14. Gmlens thread starter macrumors newbie

yes thanks, so if you buy a leather strap you get always the system wit it that slides in the watch even ut us made from a different material? like this? so if you buy a seperate leather strap you always get it and the you fan use third party strap xith it, even if the color of the metal does not fit the clir of the watch case. is there a pic from a seperate bougth leather strap unbixed?

15. mobutt macrumors 6502

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The attachment part doesn't come off the strap. I'll try to find a picture.

17. Gmlens thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you when you bought a 10.000$ watch with a leather strap and you need a new leather strap?

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Pay $2000 for a new strap.

19. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

You can buy a new leather strap separately.

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

21. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

If you get the leather loop, you don't have to worry about finish. The leather is consistent, even up to the connection.

22. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I'm not trying to be funny but YouTube is king. The dude just needs to YouTube

23. Stallionman macrumors member

Stallionman

Gmlens if you want to use none apple leather straps you need the adapter. google "Get-Click" they do steel and aluminium adapter and also plastic

24. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

OP didn't mention which watch size they want. The leather loop only comes in 42 mm.