leather case as thick as the camera lens?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nando87, Sep 22, 2014.

1. nando87 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to find a case to use so the phone can keep flat on a table, but it looks like most of them add unnecessary thickness for that purpose. Do you know something like what I'm searching for?

2. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

Check out the Apple leather case. They have demo units at most/all stores. It extends a whisker past the camera lens.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yep, with the leather case, the lens will not touch the surface you set it down on, it's perfect. Assuming there isn't like salt or something on a table (although with sapphire lend it would be very unlikely to get scratched anyway). The case also completely solves the rocking I got on the Plus because of the protruding lens, now it lies perfectly flat and stable.

4. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I agree. I just received my Apple leather case today. It takes care of the protruding camera issue on the iPhone 6.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I think because Apple assumed most people would be using a case anyway that the protruding lens thing wasn't that big a deal. They could either have made the entire phone thicker so the lens is flush, made it protrude, or keep the thinner phone but not make the camera system better. All in all, I think the protruding lens is the best option.

6. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I agree with you, I think they did think about that and take it into consideration. Since you need a cutout for the camera anyway, it does kind of work out perfectly.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Exactly. I think the protruding portion is 0.6mm tall. Most cases are thicker than that, except that new Spigen case which is 0.4mm apparently.