Leather Case Crashing My Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Dougyh8x, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Dougyh8x macrumors newbie

My Dad and i recently bought ipod touches 2G, his being his first ipod and mine being my 3rd ipod. His, 16gigs, mine, 8gigs bought at two completely different stores in 2 different areas. we both bought the exact same cygnett leather cases for $25, these have a flap with two magnets and snap shut when closing. a few days after both our ipods were constantly crashing mine being more severe even without the case, but my dads was only crashing when he snapped shut the case or after a while of listening to music. we reinstalled everything including resetting to factory settings. we then sent ours back and got new ones. reinstalling the same apps and music. they both work perfectly fine except when i snap shut the case it crashes or when i leave it in the case and knock it,it crashes( it doesnt crash if its out of the case). is there a possibility that the magnets inside the case are screwing my ipod over?

2. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

Yes multiple people have reported this. Search it up.

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

WIth both the 1st gen and 2nd gen Touch's this has been reported.

I had a Griffin Technologies case with magnets and had the problem. Others did not. So it appears hit or miss on this one.

With the 2nd gen similar reports have been made here and other forums. Just search the word "magnet" and you will find them.

Mike

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The magnets are wrecking havoc on the internal circuitry.