Leather Case Incredibly Snug?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrJM, Sep 25, 2015.

1. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

Hi Everyone?

Just got my 6S and the midnight blue leather case. I love the colour and the feel of it but it is an incredibly snug fit.

It so snug to the point I was worried it didn't fit and I had to work it round the corners to get it on. I assume being leather it will stretch out a bit. Anyone else have the same?

Though the box was it came in i a nice touch!!

Thanks!

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Did you buy the 6 or 6S leather case?

I've heard the 6 leather case fits pretty snug, the 6S also fits snug but not as tight.

3. troubleonline macrumors 6502a

troubleonline

My midnight blue silicone is really tight. I've chipped it taking the phone in and out (only about 3 times!)
    Will exchange tomorrow!!

image.jpeg

4. MrJM thread starter macrumors 6502

MrJM

Ive got the 6S leather case. Its feels like really nice quality and I can get it on/off. Just seemed a bit tight and a bit small at first!

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

mine is snug, took it out once and see no issue. at least we know nothing will get in under the case.

6. MrJM thread starter macrumors 6502

MrJM

I had the green silicone cast for the 6 and mine chipped in both corners and started peeling. It was after about 6 months though!

7. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I got the midnight blue 6S case as well, and mine is super snug too. I got it on, but the power button does not click well it all. There is no feedback at all. I had the iPhone 6+, and had 3 Apple leather cases for it. None of them were this tight, and none of them had a power button that tight. I don't know if taking it back would do any good, it seems like it would be tight as well. Anyone else having trouble with power button being hard to push?

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Are they so snug that a glass screen protector couldn't be used in conjunction with the leather case?

Something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013R9VMUW

9. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I think you would have a hard time getting it on. I am sure it could be done, but it might be hard.

10. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

The leather may stretch but the material under it won't.

11. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I too find my midnight blue 6S case extremely tight. I had to roll the corners up a few times to get it to really fit. I'm almost worried that the case may put some torque on the phone. It feels great, but I don't think they changed the size at all for the slightly bigger dimensions.

12. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

6s plus case also super tight. I remember 6 plus wasnt this tight.

13. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

It is very snugg.

Ruined an screen protector for me. Got said protector for .50 cents on slickdeals, so no big deal, but fair warning.

14. IconIc215 macrumors regular

Seems this is a common theme with the new leather cases.

15. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I wonder if Apple will change it at some point.

16. IconIc215 macrumors regular

Not sure and quite honestly I don't know if there is anything wrong with the case being more fitted. Maybe over time it breaks in a little maybe not.....we shall see

17. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Well the power button on mine not working is my issue. The tight does not bother me that much.

18. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

6 plus leather case wasn't this tight.. it seems design flaw to me this year.

19. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah my 6 plus case was not this tight either.

20. bronzi macrumors member

It works put harder to push.

21. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah my 6+ was not like that at all.

22. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    The 6S plus leather case is much more snug than the iPhone 6 and leather case I had. Way more snug; seems like it barely fits in fact.
    I do notice that the volume rockers and power button are much harder to push... Though the leather may just need some time to wear in.
    On my previous Apple leather case the buttons could be pushed very easily right from the get go.

23. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Same here. The Rose Gray case on my wife's rose gold 6S is SUPER snug and the power button is very difficult to press. It's slightly easier with my black 6S and black leather case (the new 6S version of the case), but still not as good as the iP6 and the old leather case.

My wife has always had the white iPhone and I've always had the black models and it almost always seems like her white models are a snugger fit than the black phone for whatever reason. I think I read years ago (maybe with the original white models - was that the iP4?) that the white model was found to be EVER so slightly thicker due to white paint issues and light leakage or something. Not sure if this is still the case.

24. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Im returning the leather case today for silicon one.

25. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I love about an hour away from an Apple Store, so that is no go for me. Let us know if the silicon fits better.