iPad Leather Cover Buddy

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by downingp, Nov 5, 2014.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

I have always liked the concept of a shell protecting the back of the iPad and the removable leather apple Smart Cover to take off as needed. I have previously used the Switcheasy cover buddy as my back shell protection. I was wondering though, is there a company that makes a leather wrapped rear shell that would be compatible with the Smart Cover?

2. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Many of us are in the same place, there are very few back shells on the market right now at all, none of them faux or real leather.

You have two choices:

1. Grab one of these to last a month or two until the market catches up and releases some nice Air 2 back shells w/Smart Cover compatibility:

http://www.amazon.com/KAYSCASE-Prem...id=1415200023&sr=8-8&keywords=ipad+air+2+case

2. Be careful with your Air 2 and wait it out.

All of us are scraping eBay and Amazon every day looking for back shells. Myself, I want a black rubber painted one which I had from Marware and used for years on my iPad Retina. I have the Kayscase one mentioned above and it's good for its short-term purpose. I'm also resorting to getting a Khomo case which has the black rubber back (yes!) but has an attached cover (no!) and attempting to slice the cover off and I should have that tomorrow, stay tuned for photos of that experiment.

BJ

3. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

i'm assuming you want to swap to the smart cover due to fit or magnet issues with the stock cover, or is that not true?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I think the reasoning is that he wants to just snap the cover off at times.

5. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Yes. Exactly.

Right now, the only black rubber back shells available have either attached or removable front covers and the ones that are removable attach underneath the back shell.

The end result is that the front cover isn't removable at all (attached models) or requires the back shell to be removed (attached underneath the cover).

Blech. Today I should receive my KHOMO which I am going to attempt to surgically alter to be what I want.

BJ