Leather Finish Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Waflsk8s, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Waflsk8s macrumors member

I just got the iPhone on the AT&T launch day (wasn't actually expecting to get it, lucked out) and didn't have time to find a good case. The phone is awesome but a fingerprint magnet. I started looking for cases and stuff and really like the SGP Skin Guard Leather Black Set Package except for the fact that it doesn't protect the sides. Is there something that has a nice leather finish and also protects the sides? I'm looking for something that offers some protection and is pretty thin.

2. Waflsk8s thread starter macrumors member

I looked through those, a lot of those seem a bit heavy duty/thick. I don't need any sort of flap cover or anything, and don't want a removable one, just something to cover the back and sides with a screen protector or something in the front.

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

You're looking for a pretty niche case. This seems to be the only case available that's available soon like that:

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate--iPhone-4-Signature-Leather-Cases.asp

Vaja should have some full body cases, too in a few days/weeks, though it takes them weeks to make them each through a handicraft process. Let me know what you find I'll update the list of leather cases. Better-known brands with lower quality leather like Belkin, Griffin, etc may have the case style you're looking for. I'm not sure I'll add brands like that to the list. I'll look into it tomorrow. Keep checking the list/gallery thread, I'll try to update it with a few new leather cases every day, and there's bound to be a few full body leather cases available to buy soon.

4. Waflsk8s thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I guess I'll have to buy something temporary for the moment and find something later. This may be out of scope of this current topic, but what would you suggest for a thin case that still provides some protection? The bumper seems okay but I don't think it's worth $30.

5. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I'm waiting a few weeks to get a full body case for my iPhone 4 (I'll have something at first, though not my primary full body case). My primary case will be a Vaja ivolution leather flap-style case, though I'll have a full body case, too. I'll probably end up buying something from Seidio or Incase when they release iPhone 4 cases, though this seems decent if you want a full-body case right now:

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-Barely-There-Cases.asp

The Speck Candyshell is a good case, too:

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-4/240

6. Waflsk8s thread starter macrumors member

What I'm looking at right now is putting the leather back with a bumper, but the Apple bumper is insanely expensive at $30. Are there any good 3rd party bumpers that are any cheaper and maybe come in packs?

7. Waflsk8s thread starter macrumors member

hmm interesting, has anyone given this a try? It sells for £9.99 which is about maybe 2/3 the normal cost.