Leather Flap-style cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by walds11, Jul 20, 2010.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I have always used a leather holster or spring clip with my phones. I like the ease of access with a holster. The leather flap-style cases look cool. This may be a stupid question, what do you do with the flap when you use the iPhone (take a call, take a pic, browse the internet, etc)? It looks like the flap can get in the way and be rather annoying. Which is the preferred enclosure...velcro, magnetic or pressure? Flip down or flip up case?

Sena and Vaja makes some nice ones, but pricey. I am sure they are plenty of other popular ones out there. I have my eyes set on one of these carrymobile cases. Does the tab at the top click in?

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/main/viewpda-IPO4-AP.html

Marware makes a flip case with a holster clip...

C.E.O. Flip-Vue for iPhone 4

http://www.marware.com/products/iPhone-4/C-E-O-Flip-Vue-for-iPhone-4

2. Lenow macrumors regular

Belt Clip with Leather Case: Piel Frama

The only "flip" style leather case I have seen with a servicable belt clip is by piel frama (www.pielframa.com). Mine is on order. I was disappointed that Vaja has chosen to market its iphone4 cases without belt clips. The Marware case only has a sewn in belt clip that doesn't rotate. I have found that type of clip awkward and uncomfortable. Always open to new cases with great belt clips and will post pics once my piel frama arrives.

3. noneother macrumors member

ordered the all black from carrymobile.. waiting on shipment confirmation

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/main/viewitem-APIPO4LCJT1BKIT-IPO4.html

4. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very nice case, but expensive. 80 euro is about $103 USD. Ouch!!! Looks very high quality and high attention to detail, not some cheap thrown together leather case. 20 day delivery time, which is long, but it is coming from Spain and they probably need to manufacture them. Hmm, I may have to pull the trigger on this one. Wonder how thick the case actually is? I don't like bulky cases. A sewn in stationary belt clip is ok as long as it's on a horizontal holster. Vertical holsters are uncomfortable. They tend did dig into your side. Not many leather flap-style cases even have a belt clip, except for the Marware C.E.O. Flip-Vue and the case that you mentioned.

I'll wait to purchase this one until I see it out on street on the forums and read the reviews. There are so many choices out there. I am so used to a holster case or clip, but want a flap-style case for occasions that I don't use a holster clip.

5. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a