Leather folio case--- need help

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GoTexans, Jun 19, 2012.

1. GoTexans macrumors newbie

I am looking for a new folio case for my new iPad... prefer genuine leather (or premium fake leather) folio case... other than the major brands such as Belkin, incase, incipio...

any good recommendations??

What I need is something elegant, and it can be used @ work.

My budget is around $50-100.... thanks for your help!!

2. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

4. GoTexans, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

GoTexans thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks .. or if you dont mind... can u tell me what is the best looking leather folio cases?

5. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

I think the Spigen folios look nice (both the faux leather and real one)..but I personally feel they are way over priced (but maybe its worth it to you).

If you're willing to import.. Metagamers spoke highly of the German Stilgut ultraslim? case, feels really nice. There was another european one (Krussel?) that he ranked highly but is also available in the US (I think that one is Swedish).

6. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have been looking a lot too, and am just about to order this:
    Knomo
    Still not perfect, but close . . .

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

8. maniacphoner macrumors regular

As ElDogman stated, the SPIGEN Folio type of leather cases are on the high price end, but the case seems to be one of the best folio cases out for the new iPad. I did a little search on SPIGEN's iPad cases too, and I found a blog that did a review for the Folio Case.

http://www.geeknaut.com/spigen-sgp-folio-17197998.html

9. michaelk7 macrumors member

10. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

11. myrtlebee, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Does anyone know of any more like this one a previous poster suggested:

http://www.knomobags.com/usa/men/apple/ipad-3/ipad3-folio-black-leather.html/

It looks amazing, the only "issue" for me is I'd like to find something closer to $50 (so, obviously, it doesn't have to be real leather, but I'd like it to look and feel quality) and not a fan of the large logo on the front. And by "like that one", I mean a leather or faux leather folio case that has the hard plastic back shell that doesn't cover the bezel and also has the magnetic shut and wake/ sleep feature. I'm thinking this might be the closest I'm going to get, but perhaps someone knows an alternative. This would be for the iPad 2. Thanks

EDIT: Also, I'd rather not have the interior be orange - that seems strange to me. I am looking for something understated- preferably all black or gray.

EDIT 2: I spoke too soon! Perfect! : http://www.knomobags.com/usa/men/apple/ipad-2-case/ipad2-folio-black-leather.html/

12. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

I use the Piel Frama case. Wears like iron, provides good protection and looks great. I've had 3 different ones and QC is excellent. Available in all kinds of colors and in several types of leather
    Piel Frama