iPad Leather folio for iPad air 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lukewarmwinner, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Lukewarmwinner macrumors 6502

Can you recommend a leather folio for the Air 2? The cases from Kavaj seems to get mixed reviews and Sena cases got pretty high price tags - also almost impossible to get in Europe.

I won't go with Apple based on bad experiences with their earlier cases.

So, what did you went with if you prefer this style of case?

2. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I did extensive research for a genuine leather folio for my A1, and found that it's probably easier for a user in the EU to get a quality leather case.

Noreve, Issentiel, StilGut, Piel Frama, Knomo, Pipetto and Kavaj are all based in Europe/UK. I also came across some smaller brands that don't come to mind right now. Vaja is an option if you have an importer in your country.

There's also an outfit in Germany that makes Moleskine-style folios, but I don't recall if they have leather versions.

The Apple cases, despite their faults, are still pretty good quality and occupy the slim middle ground. Most users seem to either prefer cheap, but fake leather (which can still be pretty good), or the more expensive brands like I've named above. There's little in between, but I'd also lump Sena and Kavaj into this category.

People here freak out about a $79 case, but there are models from the specialty leather makers and designer labels that run from $400-600. Those definitely cross the price sensitively threshold for me.

Edit: germanmade is the one who makes the Moleskine notebook style cases, and they do offer leather.

3. brownlea macrumors newbie