Leather iPad cover with or without pocket

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by michaelk7, Jun 18, 2012.

1. michaelk7 macrumors member

I thought I would like a leather cover with a pocket for papers or receipts with the new iPad. Fell in love with the Saddleback iPad 1 case, yet no pocket and expensive? Those with the Saddle back worth it and do you enjoy it?

I see very few covers with inside pocket on the market, do I really need an inside pocket on an iPad case? Am I losing great bag choices or ways it sets when I restrict the criteria to having a pocket? I see many more leather choices if I forget he pocket idea. What is the best leather case your using?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Michael

2. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Thanks, I will watch your thread as I am also in the market.

So far I am using a leather Smart Cover with an Incipio Smart Feather back. A really thin combination. But sometimes I want a little more protection.

So I am also considering a Knomo or a Melkco leather folio. (My criteria is that I want a snap fit instead of an over-the-bezel approach.)

3. transphasic macrumors member

A search here would have helped you...

Coach, Hex Case...

4. michaelk7 thread starter macrumors member

Jon, thanks for the post. Wasn't attracted to the Coach a great deal. I did like the rib or indentation running down the side of the Knomo case. It was something to grab or hang to.
    Michael

5. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

A new contender . . .

. . . for me anyway. This would be ideal for travel since it is pretty dust proof too.

The redesigned BookBook

While I prefer a snap fit rather than this over the bezel, this just looks so tempting I might add it to my collection .

6. michaelk7 thread starter macrumors member

That was a good looking book cover and I like the aspect of it being covered well.

I received the Piel, <http://www.shoebuy.com/piel-leather-ipad-2-envelope-case-2961/503000/1059429>, yesterday and sent it back the same day. I was not sturdy enough for my use. I decided to forget the inside pocket and ordered the Saddleback yesterday. On the site video it had a sturdy look when he was tossing it on his desk.

Good luck in your search!
    Michael