iPad Leather ipad smart cover for air? Any third party covers?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DaGrandMastah, Oct 24, 2013.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I hate that they took away the leather smart cover. I loved it for my ipad 3rd gen. Does anyone know of any companies that may have announced a third party cover that's exactly the same for the air? I would really prefer not to go with Polyurethane.

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm looking for one too as I have an official black one for my iPad 3. I would like a red one for the iPad Air.

3. bnorthro macrumors member

Likewise. I originally bought a polyurethane cover for my 3rd gen and returned it very quickly for a leather one. The poly felt so cheap and seemed like it would discolor easier.

4. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping someone comes out with a Navy Blue leather Smart Cover. I'm not a fan of poly or pastels. Love my navy cover for the ipad 2/3/4

6. RenoG macrumors 65816

Give it like a second, the market will flood with cases of every sort for the ipad air.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm not so sure about leather. Most third party products tend to be polyurethane or other artificial material based. There usually are a few leather cases but I don't recall there ever being third party leather smart covers for previous iPads. I have one made by Grove in the US but that came with a wooden back case which I never used. I only used the Smart Cover although the bit connecting the magnets to the actual cover was a bit lose.

I just wish Apple hadn't made the decision to stop offering the leather smart covers. I might have to resort to getting one of the official Apple poly ones for now. I just hope one of the third party companies offer a TPU back case at launch.

8. RenoG macrumors 65816

Oh ok I see what you mean when it comes to genuine leather smart cases. Your right. Maybe invelope will make a nice simulated leather case (best copy of the first smart case IMO).