Leather Loop Band, Losing it's color?!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jack426, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

I've had my stone leather loop band for only 6 days, and today I noticed some discoloration near where the band meets the watch. I thought maybe it was just some dirt/sweat from everyday use, and decided to (per Apple's instructions) wipe it with a microfiber cloth. It didn't go away. Tried contacting support, but they told me I needed to take it into an Apple Store, however my nearest store is over 2 hours away.

I understand it's natural leather, and natural leather changes over time, but I didn't expect it to lose its dyed color in 6 days. Has anyone else (those with a Stone LL) experienced this yet?

leatherloopcolor.jpg

2. Glene macrumors 6502

It doesn't look right ....my stone Loop is two weeks old worn about every other day and looks perfect try rubbing it down with something like an armor all leather wipe from the auto parts store… It won't discolor the band and will clean it.

3. Mw0103 macrumors regular

Self tanning lotion? Flower pollen? Cheetos? That looks less like "losing" color and more like something is rubbing off on it.

4. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

serious question, but do you sweat a lot? have you worn that band at the gym or during something that causes sweat? the discoloration looks like when my skin gets real sweaty and i rub it and all the dead skin comes off.

5. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

You can get a new one from Apple for a subsidised price. Just request a band replacement from the Apple website. They will send you a new band, and then you return this one afterwards.

6. Jack426 thread starter macrumors regular

Jack426

I spoke with a supervisor who also thought that the original leather was showing through, he scheduled me an exchange for a different leather band.

7. papbot macrumors 6502

That was my first thought - self tanning lotion. I've seen the exact same thing on some clothing of mine when I've used some.

8. Jack426, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

Jack426 thread starter macrumors regular

Jack426

I can confirm that it was definitely not from anything staining it. I don't use any lotions etc. and I never rubbed the band against anything. I actually take my watch off before cleaning anything that could cause it to become dirty or stained. I even take it off before eating, or doing any outdoor activities that cause perspiration.

I'm also not sure how it could've been sweat, as the darkest spots are on the top part of the band that connects to the watch. The underside of the band, that's in constant contact with my arm, is just starting to discolor.

The whole band in general has started discoloring, some areas darker than others, but thankfully Apple is sending a replacement my way.