Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
To those that have tried on the Apple Watch in store:

I live several hours from the closest Apple Store and I have yet to visit to try on any Apple Watches and bands.

I am pondering ordering the black leather loop band, and my question is,: my wrist size is 180mm. This size falls into both the medium and large size options according to Apple's website. However I'm wondering if I order the medium Will there be enough of the loop to properly hold the watch in place vs ordering the large band and having too much excess band.

It's not a big deal and I'm thinking I would stick with the medium. But, considering the ship times I'd like to get this ordered and reserve my place online ASAP.

I opted for the 42 mm SS with the black sports band. I decided at the last minute on launch morning to order the Malenese loop once I started seeing the ship times go crazy. Now I'm thinking I better get this one lined up or it may be August or September, lol.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or input I would appreciate it.

adm58

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
My wrist is larger and the large loop wrapped too far around for me. I think you should go with medium.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I have a skeleton wrist and medium fit really well. I was scared that it wouldn't fit but it fit nice and tight. Same for Milanese loop. I definitely will be getting both.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I have approximately a 165mm wrist and the medium was perfect with plenty of room for a larger wrist. Large wrapped almost all the way around. I would go with the medium if I were you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.