Leather loop clicking

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bonokoot, May 8, 2015.

1. bonokoot macrumors newbie

Had a sport's band since launch, and received my leather loop today and noticed just by moving my arm around it makes clicking sounds from the band's where they overlap. Is this normal?

All the writing is facing my wrist, and double checking pictures it looks like I'm wearing it correctly.

Thank you

2. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

Yeah got mine yesterday and it took some getting use to. The magnets shift as you move your wrist. I did notice that if I swapped the top and bottom bands it's less noticeable (and IMO looked nicer).

3. bonokoot thread starter macrumors newbie

4. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

You're referring to the sound of when leather rubs against each other right? That sticking/unsticking sound? If so...well, that's leather for ya.

5. bonokoot thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, and swapping the top and bottom bands did noticeably help.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Putting the short loop end at the bottom?

7. bonokoot thread starter macrumors newbie

8. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Funny, I just came here looking for a thread about reversing the leather loop straps and wondering if anyone had done it. I just got mine yesterday and there's definitely a bit of clicking. I've noticed that loosening it slightly seems to help

But I also may try swapping the band pieces because I think the way the loop goes would feel more intuitive to me that way

Tuck

9. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I also noticed a slight clicking, but it's not too bad. I tried switching the bands on opposite ends, and it may slightly reduce clicking but not much. I think the clicking happens when the leather loops touch one another, and the magnets shift ever so slightly. It would be a matter of preference, as both ways are comfortable and look good. If you do it the suggested way, the piece that loops through is on the side of the wrist, so it's not as visible. If you swap, that loop piece is right in the center of your wrist. Depends on what you think looks better.

10. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

The clicking is driving me nuts. I hope it gets better as the leather breaks in - if not it's going back. Super comfy band, though.

11. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I'm pretty sure mine has reduced. Or maybe it's just my imagination as I get more used to it. The Milanese loop was silent but slightly more uncomfortable. Towards the end of the day I would find myself taking the watch off and be relieved. With the leather loop, I wear it all day with no problems.

12. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck