Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobileadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
So like many others I got a lnkoo leather loop clone for my 38mm watch however at times the bottom metal connector shows slightly as I've seen on the main thread. Other than that I was very happy for £20, but it would be brilliant and I'd order more if I could improve the fit. The ends meet up perfectly but it seem the connector is not a tight enough fit and allows the sides to either show, or when tight, or in certain situations it kind of moves down a little to reveal the connector.

I tried to remove the connector but it is very secure so I pushed out the black rubber bumper stops and found that they are critical in ensuring a good fit for this particular clone. So to improve the fit I need thicker / deeper bumper bits which would stop the movement down and out. Temporarily I have cut two small strips of electrical tape, and placed them over the bumpers to give a little extra width - I only needed one layer over the top and this has instantly created a far better 'seal', my band no longer shows the bottom bit of the connector under normal use. I can still remove the band (it is of course a little stiffer!) and replace without having to renew the tape. I'm not sure how often I'll change the band but if the tape comes off it is a quick and cheap fix.

Perhaps we will see a better fit in future versions but until then I'm now happy to order a couple of different colours as I know I can improve the fit if needed.

Reactions: chillg8r

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
So like many others I got a lnkoo leather loop clone for my 38mm watch however at times the bottom metal connector shows slightly as I've seen on the main thread. Other than that I was very happy for £20, but it would be brilliant and I'd order more if I could improve the fit. The ends meet up perfectly but it seem the connector is not a tight enough fit and allows the sides to either show, or when tight, or in certain situations it kind of moves down a little to reveal the connector.

I tried to remove the connector but it is very secure so I pushed out the black rubber bumper stops and found that they are critical in ensuring a good fit for this particular clone. So to improve the fit I need thicker / deeper bumper bits which would stop the movement down and out. Temporarily I have cut two small strips of electrical tape, and placed them over the bumpers to give a little extra width - I only needed one layer over the top and this has instantly created a far better 'seal', my band no longer shows the bottom bit of the connector under normal use. I can still remove the band (it is of course a little stiffer!) and replace without having to renew the tape. I'm not sure how often I'll change the band but if the tape comes off it is a quick and cheap fix.

Perhaps we will see a better fit in future versions but until then I'm now happy to order a couple of different colours as I know I can improve the fit if needed.

Does this really work? (Can anyone else vouch?) because this is really bugging me now and I am considering returning to the eBay seller

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 313

Mobileadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Stick some small strips of tape on the connector and see really. As they will be removable, you'd never know and if you are not happy you can still return it.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Stick some small strips of tape on the connector and see really. As they will be removable, you'd never know and if you are not happy you can still return it.
Is it possible u can post a pic of the position u put the tape on? I'm having trouble trying to fix mine.
As u said its the small black bumper rubber parts, I've ordered two replacement bits so might be able to fix it. Some advice on how u put the tape on would be helpful. Thanks.

Mobileadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
I've modified my approach now. Instead of tape I drop a tiny bit of superglue on each bumper of the band to make them deeper and then let the clue dry for 24 hours and find it creates a tighter fit so no metal shows. Upon inspection of the band you can hardly see anything extra is there. I change my straps a few times a week and they are holding up well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.