Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
I haven't previously owned an apple watch but had planned on buying the first redesign for some time now so here we are. With that said I previously planned to buy a Space Black SS version and was going to be getting a leather loop strap + sport band.

Since I'm just starting to look into this now and don't know how the band selling works, I see that Apple has 3 Leather loop colors online, Green, Blue, and Stone color. However the previously sold Grey Charcoal (which I was going to get for the Space Black) is no longer available. I'm seeing it currently sold on Amazon, but very limited stock.

Do you guys think this band color will be discontinued completely? If so, I need to grab one ASAP. I understand that third party bands will be available and may be similar, but is it possible this one (from Apple) will be gone forever if I don't act now?

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
It's possible. There's just no way to tell. Check Best Buy's site too, as they'll often have older bands. I managed to get the original black nylon band, not the striped one, almost a year after it was discontinued.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
It's possible. There's just no way to tell. Check Best Buy's site too, as they'll often have older bands. I managed to get the original black nylon band, not the striped one, almost a year after it was discontinued.

Very annoying situation but thank you for the feedback. I would like to get the watch itself before I commit to a band purchase with a limited return window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.