Leather Loop False Taptic Feeling

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Exile714, May 8, 2015.

1. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else experienced a clicking sensation when moving your wrist with the leather loop that makes you think you have a notification? I'm hoping I'll get used to it, but am I the only one? I know those who ordered the watch with the loop alone can't weigh in yet, so everyone who has a leather loop right now has used their watch without for a while. Maybe if I started with the loop this wouldn't be a problem?

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

As you're probably the only one in the world with a leather loop right now, chances are nobody can help :)

3. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

I have a leather loop too and I've also experienced this.

4. Exile714 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Glad I'm not alone. Any hope you'll get used to it?

5. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

I hope so...I read in another thread that turning on prominent haptic feedback might help.

6. zlin9596 macrumors member

7. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Are you certain you don't have the band attached upside down? Both pieces have tiny writing on them (says the size, "Natural Leather", and "42mm") that should be on the side of the band that touches your skin. They attach fine to the watch upside down, so you might not notice it, but it definitely won't clasp around your wrist properly if this is the case. I had the long-end upside-down when I first attached mine, and it wouldn't stay snug and I can see where it might make the clicking sensation you're noticing. I received mine this afternoon and when attached correctly, there's no movement at all.

8. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

This happened to my classic buckle, when the band rubs against my shirt's sleeve. Got used to it after two or three days.

Give it a couple of days, you'll notice the difference and become less sensitive. Or turn on prominent haptic, it'll be easier to tell the difference.

9. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Yes, I stated this on my other thread. I use prominent haptic, so I am still able to tell the difference.

10. iCore24 macrumors 6502

iCore24

This happens with my Milanese band also! The magnet clasp will pry and re-attactch when rotating my wrist and feels kind of like the taptic feedback. It causes me to check my watch a lot more to see no notifications.

11. Exile714 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I guess this is more of an issue than I thought. In perspective it's not that big of an issue... And I think I'll get used to it. What do people think, is this a band problem or something inherent to the way the Taptic engine works?

12. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

It's a real thing, but you grow accustomed to it in time. There have been other threads about this and I find that switching the leather loop short band to the bottom of the watch helps reduce it (and also looks better).

Tuck

13. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

I absolutely have this happening with my Loop. Drives me nuts honestly. Hopefully I will get used to it or the band will beak in a bit over time.

14. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

Weird. This one I don't see with mine.

15. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

I'm kind of in disbelief here. I've had the leather band for three days now. No matter what I do, tight or lose, I have NO clicking. It's smooth. It's comfortable. It's absolutely quiet. I've put my Milanese loop away. The magnets in my loop are fine. They make a strong attachment. No slippage. Nothing in any way, shape, or form that sounds like a taptic feeling.

What are you people doing to cause this "clicking"?

16. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

It's basically just a matter of the magnets inside the strap moving and creating a clicking that is felt on the wrist. I noticed it first when I tried on the leather loop in the store and I totally thought it was haptic feedback at first.

Loosening the strap helped a bit and now that I have a band, I'm becoming more used to it.

Tuck

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Off topic here but how do so many of you have leather loops when none are shipping on the watch to date? Ordered separately?

18. gswilder macrumors regular

Me Too

Got my leather loop yesterday. Same thing happening to me. Glad I am not crazy.

19. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Ordered separately. Got the Watch model / band I wanted initially! Very happy :apple: customer here.

Tuck

20. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

I have a brown leather loop, and I have the same issue with the clicking sensation. I'm not as big a fan of the loop as I thought I would be.