Leather Loop Issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thedwp, May 27, 2015.

1. thedwp macrumors newbie

Just got my black leather loop band today. Up until now I've had the white sports band on my SS and really like it...but I was anxious to get the leather loop band to wear with more business attire.

It was a little awkward 'looping' it to get it on...then the magnet snapped right into place and it felt nice and snug. After a few minutes of gawking at my wrist, I forgot about it and went back to work...then I started feeling what I thought was the taptic engine getting my attention, but it was actually the magnets shifting or moving around. And it's continued to bug me all night.

Does it eventually stop after the band is broken in? If not I may end up returning it and just going with the black sports band.

Anyone else notice this?

2. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

i've actually noticed this behaviour with my black sports band (space grey sport 42mm).

I get phantom haptics all the time (5-6 times a day), and when I look at my watch, nothing - I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not!

3. papbot macrumors 6502

The band is going to flex as you move your arm and wrist. Each little segment is a magnet. For me it's very much appreciated, I have small wrists and I do have the medium length band on my 42 but even so the end of the band wraps around almost all the way back to the watch itself. But since there are so many magnets the band doesn't have a loose or floppy end. But as I twist my wrist or flex/extend my hand I can hear and feel little clicks as the magnets shift a little.

4. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I feel this sensation a bit with mine as well when the magnets shift a bit, but it's not nearly as noticeable as a taptic engine notification is, so I've had no issues with confusing the two any at all.

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

This happened to me on my first day as well, I think I've seen others report the same issues too. You'll get used to it in no time, easily ignoring the phantom clicks from the band. Now, I don't even notice them and easily catch the notifications.

Give it a couple of days, trust me.

6. hidehide macrumors 6502

As you get more familiar with the tapic engine, you will know those magnet movement is not a notification :cool:

7. Cyberstven macrumors regular

Have the same issue. I thought the leather loop was going to be my go to band, but I find myself wearing the sports band a bit still. Like others have said, you get used to this sensation and learn the difference with the taptic feedback... most of the time :).

8. Glene macrumors 6502

Loosen the band one or two indentation, it'll still be tight enuf but sounds/feel will be substantially reduced....

9. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Another thing you can do after first putting it on is to move your wrist around, up and down, side to side to work out the kinks. This has made a big difference for me.

10. digduggler macrumors regular

Loosen it. I also flipped the orientation (short band on the bottom) and this helped quite a bit. It also makes more sense to me for the slack to point outwards.

11. thedwp thread starter macrumors newbie

loosening it up def helped. thanks for the info

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I notice the same thing on my 42mm space grey sport. I think it's when I hit or tap the band on something it simulates a tap.