Leather Loop on the wrist

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by gowanis, Apr 30, 2015.

1. gowanis macrumors 6502

I currently have a 42mm SS with classic buckle. I like it, but I can't quite get the fit right. Hole #6 is a tiny bit loose, and hole #7 is too tight. Does the leather loop give you the true fine tuning of size that I'm looking for?

Also, my wrist is approx. 185mm. Should I get medium or large? The sizing guide makes me think large, but I've read that the large is often way too big.

Thanks for the help!

2. cforster macrumors 6502

I can't see how the leather loop wouldnt give you the "fine tuning" your looking for.....it's not limited to holes.

I'm 185mm too and I placed an order for the medium black leather loop band a couple weeks ago ....I regret it and wish I would've went for the large. But I'm sure it will fit, just maybe not have the extra loop like I think I'll prefer.

I have ordered the black and stone leather loop, Milanese, and a green sport band to go with my black sport band.

Can't wait for them to arrive, especially the Milanese!

3. mdmt619 macrumors member

I have a similar problem with the sports band - my ideal fit would be in between two of the hole sizes. Just got the leather loop and it seems to be more granular - I've been able to get a better fit with it

4. gowanis thread starter macrumors 6502

Good to hear, thanks. Can you comment on your wrist size and whether you have Medium or Large?

5. cforster macrumors 6502

May I ask how you got the leather loop? I didn't think any of the additional band orders were shipping yet?

6. flur macrumors 68000

It's leather, so if you keep wearing it, it will stretch out and hole #7 will feel like a better fit.

7. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

You may encounter the same problem because instead of being limited by the holes, you'll be limited by each break that wraps around the clasp.

8. mdmt619 macrumors member

My wrist is 170-175mm and I have the Medium. The Large was clearly too big - it wrapped all the way around to the face of the watch. Medium is great - I'd say it wraps 70-80% of the way around the band on my wrist

I've had some problems with my apple watch and apple support was kind enough to let me place an order through them earlier this week. They overnighted it and it came yesterday. It's essentially a replacement band, since it wasn't in full retail packaging.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

This probably isn't going to help much, but...

I have 185mm wrists too, and I thought the large leather loop had far too much overlap when I tried it on. The medium looked much better.

Either would be fine, but I'd personally prefer the medium.

Out of interest (just to see how loose/tight you wear your watch), how does the Sport band fit you? I use the M/L band on the 3rd hole.

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have a 190mm wrist, I went back to try on both sizes and liked the fit of the Med. much better than the Large. The Large was just too long

11. gowanis thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple store today to try on the leather loop. At 185mm, the medium was the proper choice. I think I was able to get a slightly better fit than the classic buckle, but you are still limited by the notches in the band. I also tried the Milanese just for the hell of it, and it does offer a more fine-tuned fit. However, its hideous :D

I'll probably order the Stone Leather model as its the only one that ships in May and is a nice contrast to the black Classic Buckle. Still, $149 is a lot for a band, but I guess I'll just do it.