Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NAYo2002

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
Not to open up a can of worm (again) but I noted something with the leather loop. Even though only one part of the strap is labeled with it's size, both pieces of the strap are longer on the M/L than S/M.

I just point this out because this is one of the arguments that was made for 2 Sports bands only being 3 pieces instead of 2 full complete bands.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
In all likelihood it will be a similar situation BUT with only 2 pieces. The hook side will be the same for the S/M and L/M straps but the loop side will come in 2 lengths (but you will only get one).

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
UK
.... also, I'd like to ask the question, is this the same kind of leather as the apple iPhone leather cases? I quickly returned my phone case as it gathered muck too quickly for my liking. I like the look of the leather watch straps but don't want them if its the same material as the phone cases.

:apple:Apple Watch UK:apple:

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Not to open up a can of worm (again) but I noted something with the leather loop. Even though only one part of the strap is labeled with it's size, both pieces of the strap are longer on the M/L than S/M.

I just point this out because this is one of the arguments that was made for 2 Sports bands only being 3 pieces instead of 2 full complete bands.

1) Neat find?
2) But it doesn't change the fact that the sport comes with three pieces. This has been confirmed by Apple and there are pictures of the sport straps' box with cutouts for three pieces.

It makes sense that the leather loop was manufactured to have a longer connecting side on the larger version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.